SBB Cargo International
SBB Cargo International is a rail transport business founded as a joint venture between SBB Cargo and Hupac The headquarters will be at Olten. handling international rail freight in Europe. SBB Cargo International is due to commence operations at the start of 2011.
Following the failure of SBB's plans to strengthen the profitability and financial independence of its Cargo division by selling stakes to other international railway operators, SBB Cargo changed to an alternative solution. A new railway undertaking called SBB Cargo International was founded in partnership with intermodal transport operator Hupac. The new company focuses on block and intermodal trains on the European North-South corridor between Germany and Italy. The shareholders in the new company are SBB Cargo (75%) and Hupac (25%), with further partners possible in the future. The aim is to achieve cost leadership in the intermodal segment by optimising resources on selected routes and halving structural costs. The new company’s customers will primarily comprise intermodal operators, who will account for about 80% of the planned total sales of CHF 300 million.
- "SBB: Cargo - News". 2010-09-26. Archived from the original on 2013-01-01. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Railway Gazette: News in Brief". Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "New SBB Cargo and Hupac joint venture: SBB Cargo International - UIC Communications". 2010-10-26. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- ".: HUPAC :". Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Railway Gazette: SBB and Hupac to form trans-Alpine freight operator". Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "SBB Cargo International founded Hupac,SBB Cargo, Acquisition and mergers,Intermodal and multimodal operators,Railways and rail operators,Europe, Kunz, Bernhard,Perrin, Nicholas,". 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-26.