This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Type||Privately Held Company|
|Industry||IT consulting, managed services|
|David Gupta (CEO)|
Number of employees
SDI Presence LLC (commonly referred to as SDI) is an IT consultancy and managed services provider (MSP) that provides technology-based professional services. As of 2020, the firm has over 230 employees. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with the City of Chicago, State of Illinois, National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). SDI is ranked as a Top Workplace by Built In Chicago, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain's Chicago Business.
David A. Gupta founded the company as System Development Integration (SDI) in 1996 in Chicago as a spinout from his father's mechanical engineering company, Environmental Systems Design, Inc.; its business was systems integration.
Over the next decades, the firm gained business in its IT systems work in government-run systems, like transportation and public safety, as well as utilities and commercial buildings. SDI was selected by the City of Chicago for its security technology systems at O'Hare and Midway airports, a paperless permit system in the buildings department, customer service and billing for the water management department, and the City payroll system. The firm's IT managed services practice added several clients, including large transportation and transit agencies in the Midwest. SDI also continued several community initiatives as it grew, including its First Chance Initiative, which provided hands-on technical internships for Chicago Public School and City Colleges of Chicago students.
SDI took on private equity partners between 2008 and 2016, to further expand. The firm was selected to deploy additional mission-critical systems at airports in the U.S. In 2016, Gupta renamed the organization SDI Presence. The company had about 130 employees at that time.
In 2017, the firm acquired NexLevel Information Technology Inc., an IT management consulting firm whose clients include over 200 West Coast government agencies and special districts. The NexLevel consulting team operates under the SDI Presence brand, and includes local California senior consultants of municipal/financial leadership in local government and utilities. The team has delivered over 100 IT Assessments/Strategic Plans throughout West Coast. It also has a long experience in municipal and utility IT systems selection and program management oversight, with a specialization in ERP systems.
As of 2019, the firm further positioned itself as “IT Keepers of Chicago’s Aviation, Transit and Utility Industries” and recorded a 98% customer satisfaction score across its portfolio of clients. SDI also expanded its MBE partner network through Chicago United's Five Forward Initiative and spent $11M with its diverse minority/women/veteran-owned partner companies in 2019.
The Chicago Tribune named SDI as one of its Top Workplaces in 2020 for the third consecutive year. As part of its focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I), SDI projects spending $22M with its minority, women and veteran-owned business partners by the end of 2020.
- "Built In Chicago - Company Page for SDI Presence".
- "Built In Chicago - Company Page for SDI Presence". Built In Chicago.
- "100 Best Places To Work In Chicago 2020 | Built In Chicago". www.builtinchicago.org. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/careers/top-workplaces/ct-top-workplaces-searchable-chart-2018-htmlstory.html[bare URL]
- Laura Stepanek for SDM Magazine. November 1, 2007 An Engineering Mindset
- John Pletz for Crain's Chicago Business. Sept 7, 2013 In digital era, technology finally catches up with SDI
- David Kidwell for The Chicago Tribune. June 19, 2013 Emanuel got $10,000 in donations linked to red light camera bidder
- SDI. "SDI Awarded Enterprise-Wide Technical Support Services Contract For Chicago Transit Authority". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "SDI Presence Launches Apprenticeship Program". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "Security Info Watch - "SDI awarded security technology upgrade at Chattanooga Airport"". www.securityinfowatch.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "Security Info Watch - "SDI Presence LLC to help deploy advanced event management platform at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport"". www.securityinfowatch.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "SDI Presence LLC Acquires SDI Solutions, Founder David Gupta Returns as CEO". www.sdmmag.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "SDI Presence Acquires NextLevel IT - socaltech.com". www.socaltech.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "Union Sanitary District Selects SDI Presence LLC to Develop IT Master Plan". California Water Environment Association. 2019-01-29. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "City of Chino Hills 08/11/2020 City Council Agenda. Subject: Enterprise Resource Planning Project Management Services Amendment No. 2".
- "Meet the Team at SDI Presence, the IT Keepers of Chicago's Aviation, Transit and Utility Industries". Built In Chicago. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "Customer Experience Expert Shannon Smith Joins SDI Presence". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- LLC, SDI Presence. "SDI Presence Spends $11M with Fellow Minority and Women/Veteran-Owned (M/W/VBE) Business Partners in 2019". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- staff, Chicago Tribune. "Top Workplaces 2020: Explore the full list of Chicago-area winners". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- "SDI Presence to Spend Over $22M with Fellow Minority and Women/Veteran-Owned (M/W/VBE) Business Partners in 2020". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-11-21.