6.0.1222 / July 19, 2016
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
SUPERAntiSpyware is a software application which can detect and remove spyware, adware, trojan horses, rogue security software, computer worms, rootkits, parasites and other potentially harmful software applications. Although it can detect malware, SUPERAntiSpyware is not designed to replace antivirus software.
SUPERAntiSpyware's virus definitions are updated several times a week  and generally receive a build update once a month. The company claims that it is specifically designed to be compatible with other security applications, such as Kaspersky, and can, therefore, be used even when those other applications are incompatible with other anti-spyware products.
The product is available as freeware for personal use with limited functions, such as no automatic update and scheduling and limited repairing functions.
SUPERAntiSpyware received a "DISMAL" rating from PC Magazine, which complained that it had no real-time protection and the lowest detection rate and lowest score in a malware removal test. Both the freeware and commercial version received a 4 out of 5 star average user rating on CNET's Download.com website.
On 16 July 2011, SUPERAntiSpyware was acquired by Support.com. The transaction was structured as an acquisition of assets with a cash purchase price of $8.5 million. All employees, including founder and industry leader Nick Skrepetos, joined the acquirer
- Definition Update History
- Product Release History for SUPERAntiSpyware
- "SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5". PCMag.com. 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Dragonfire4 on June 17, 2008. "SuperAntiSpyware Professional 220.127.116.11 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET". Download.com. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- visualbuffs on August 2, 2011 (2011-08-02). "SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET". Download.com. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Support.com Expands Software Offerings With Acquisition of SUPERAntiSpyware". Marketwire.com. 2011-06-16. Retrieved 2011-08-06.