Saúl Cepeda Lezcano
|Saúl Cepeda Lezcano|
Saul Cepeda Lezcano signing books at Madrid in 2012.
|Born||Saul Cepeda Lezcano
6 November 1976
Irun, Guipuzkoa, Spain
|Alma mater||Complutense University of Madrid
|Genre||Short story, novel, existentialism|
Saúl Cepeda Lezcano (born Irún, 1976) is a Spanish writer, jurist, gourmand and journalist.
Saúl Cepeda Lezcano has degrees in Political Science and Law. He was involved in student associations for the defense of intellectual property at the University. He has worked as a creative director, nightclub manager and environmental activist. In 2006 he invented a new system of representation of time. Currently he writes about food, travel and social issues in several media such as on Madrid (El País), Sobremesa and Rolling Stone, having covered almost a hundred countries, including conflict areas like the Balkans.
In 1998 he was the youngest finalist in the history of the Antonio Machado Short Story Award, granted by the Spanish Railways Foundation and under the chairmanship of the jury of Camilo José Cela. In 2003 he won the XI Food and Travel award of El Chiscón. In 2012 he published the short stories book Delitos para llevar, signing as Saul. In the same year he was awarded with the XVI José María de Pereda Prize for his novel Previsto. In April 2015 was published his novel Aforo Completo (Full House), inspired by his high-level experience in nightlife business, where he worked for the main accused at the trial by the tragedy of Madrid Arena. In 2017 he was awarded with the XIII Eurostars Hotels Travel Narrative Award for his work Cuentakilómetros.
Cepeda is coauthor of the book Pulses: Nutritious seeds for a sustainable future published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to support the International Year of Pulses declared by the United Nations General Assembly. The text is published in the six FAO official languages and distributed in 194 countries.
- "Entrevistas a escritores: Saúl Cepeda" (in Spanish). 2016-08-30. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- El País. 17 June 1997. "Profesores prohibido copiar por Paz Álvarez".
- European Patent Office. European Patent Nº1988432
- New Tang Dynasty TV. Foreign food journalists in Taipéi
- Travel article. On Madrid
- Sobremesa magazine. Authors
- Nº100 Rolling Stone magazine. Spanish edition. ISSN 1575-1554
- Interview Saúl Cepeda. El Día
- Website Spanish Railways Foundation
- El Chiscón Prize
- Eba Publishing. 2012. ISBN 978-84-940064-0-1
- Qué Leer magazine. Nº181. ISSN 1136-3916 11/12
- Europapress. Saúl Cepeda Lezcano's Previsto won the XVI José María de Pereda Novel Award 
- Estvdio Publishing. 2013. ISBN 978-84-932023-8-5
- [Tropo Editores. 2015. ISBN 978-84-96911-84-0]
- Eldiario.es "Saúl Cepeda Lezcano: in the world of night anything goes to make money"
- Universitat de Barcelona "Saúl Cepeda Lezcano wins the 13th Eurostars Hotels Travel Narrative Award"
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 2016. ISBN 978-92-5-309172-0]
- FAO's Zero Hunger interviews Saul Cepeda
- Pulses: Nutritious seeds for a sustainable future
- Official website Saul Cepeda Lezcano
- "Дерев'яну стелю замку змащували кров'ю" Travel section, Gazeta.ua
- Swedish Culinary Academy blog "Sea, sauna and a sunny lunch at Grinda Wärdhus"
- Food magazine 7 Caníbales "Invitados"
- Saul Cepeda. Metrópoli magazine. Nº438. ISSN 1698-5567
- Delitos para llevar. Esquire magazine. Nº55. ISSN 1888-1114
- Delitos para llevar. Glamour magazine. Nº119.
- Delitos para llevar. On Madrid (El País) magazine. Nº320. ISSN 1886-4058.
- Delitos para llevar. S Moda (El País) magazine. Nº45.
- Saul Cepeda won the José María de Pereda Award. El Diario Montañés. Nº37.012.
- Saul Cepeda, foreign food writer. Taipéi Times. Nº170.