Saatchi (Persian: ساعتچی; Arabicized form: ساعتجي; Turkish: saatçi) is a Turkish surname and word. The word "saatchi" (sā'ātchi), which means "watchmaker", originates from Ottoman Turkish (Modern Turkish: "saatçi"), derived from "saat" ("watch", from Arabic "ساعة") with the suffix "-çi". Albanian surname, Sahatçiu, is also derived from the Turkish word "saatçi" as a result of the Ottoman rule in Albania.
It may refer to:
- Charles Saatchi, founder and owner of the Saatchi Gallery in London
- Maurice Saatchi, Baron Saatchi, ex-chairman of the British Conservative Party
- Saatchi Gallery, contemporary art gallery
- Saatchi & Saatchi, advertising agency
- M&C Saatchi, advertising agency
- Saatchi (film), a 1983 Tamil film directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar
- Alkalesi, Yasin M. (October 2006). "Nouns of Occupations with Suffixes -chi and -chiyya". Modern Iraqi Arabic: A Textbook. Georgetown University Press. ISBN 978-1-58901-130-4.
- Nişanyan, Sevan. "Nişanyan Sözlük, "saat"". Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- Nişanyan, Sevan. "Nişanyan Sözlük, "+çI ekiyle yapılan kelimeler"". Retrieved August 8, 2015.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Saatchi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.