Sail Training International
|Industry||Education through Sail training|
|Products||Adventure and education under sail|
Sail Training International (STI) is an international sail training organisation, with members in 29 countries. Its main aim is to train sailing skills to young people. It is based in Hampshire in the United Kingdom and is a registered charity.
The Tall Ships Races
Sail Training International runs the annual Tall Ships' Races in Europe and the north Atlantic which attract a fleet of up to 130 sail training vessels and draws millions of visitors to European ports.
Besides organising the Tall Ships' Races, STI is a provider of races and events, conferences and seminars, publications, research and services for the international sail training community. In 2014 they launched an International Sail Endorsement Scheme together with the Nautical Institute.
STI grew out of the Sail Training International Race Committee, which organised the first Tall Ships' Race in 1956, and developed into the International Sail Training Association, which became Sail Training International in 2002.
Members of STI are the national sail training associations of:
- Australia (Australian Sail Training Association, AUSTA)
- Belgium (Sail Training Association Belgium)
- Bermuda (Sail Training Association Bermuda)
- Canada (Canadian Sail Training Association)
- China (China Sail Training Association)]
- Czech Republic (probationary member)
- Croatia (probationary member)
- Estonia (probationary member)
- France (Amis des Grands Voiliers)
- Hungary (probationary member)
- Ireland 
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom (Association of Sail Training Organisations
- United States of America (American Sail Training Association)
- Rowe, Nigel. Tall Ships Today: Their remarkable story, Adlard Coles Trade, 2014, ISBN 1472903463, ISBN 978-1472903464
- Butcher, Amanda. Tall Ships Handbook, Amberley, 2014, ISBN 1445618893, ISBN 978-1445618890
- Charity Commission. Sail Training International, registered charity no. 1096846.
- UK based charity - Sail Training International - is bringing international friendship to the Black Sea with The SCF Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta, PRWeb, 9 April 2014
- (German) Alte Ladies steuern nach Stettin, Die Welt, 14 May 2006
- Jack, Ian (15 July 2011). "Tall Ships ahoy". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Butcher, 2014, section "What is a Tall Ship?"
- (Dutch) Eerste aanmelding Tall Ships Races 2014, De Telegraaf, 7 June 2013
- (Dutch) Tall Ships Race in 2018 weer naar Harlingen, De Telegraaf, 13 November 2014
- Thousands see tall ships celebrate end of the race, The Daily Telegraph, 19 August 2002
- New International Sail Endorsement Scheme Launched, The Maritime Executive, 25 November 2014
- Shipleys: Sail Training International
- Rowe, p. 12
- A Brief History of Tall Ships America, Tall Ships America, viewed on 2 December 2014
- Australian Sail Training Association (AUSTA)
- Sail Training Association Belgium- Retrieved 23 December 2014
- Sail Training Association Bermuda- Retrieved 23 December 2014
- Canadian Sail Training Association- Retrieved 23 December 2014
- China Sail Training Association- Retrieved 23 December 2014
- Sail Training Ireland
- Nobel Peace Prize nominations flood in ahead of Feb. 1 deadline, USA Today, 31 January 2007
- Mellgren, Doug (23 February 2007). "Oprah and Gore among 181 peace prize nominees". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 December 2014.