|• Mayor||Patrick Avril|
|• Governing party/ies||PS|
|• Total||6.84 km2 (2.64 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2013)|
|• Density||3,400/km2 (8,800/sq mi)|
Saint-Nicolas is a municipality of Belgium. It lies in the country's Walloon Region and Province of Liege. It is effectively a part of the greater Liège conurbation stretching west from Liège city centre towards Liège airport. As of January 1, 2006 Saint-Nicolas had a total population of 22,666. The total area is 6.84 km² which gives a population density of 3,313 inhabitants per km². It has the highest population density of any Belgian municipality outside the Brussels-Capital Region.
Since 1977 the municipality comprises the old municipalities of Montegnée, Saint-Nicolas, and Tilleur.
Well known natives include
- Sandra Kim, singer who won the Eurovision Song Contest 1986 held in Bergen, Norway, 1986
- Mario Barravecchia, singer
- Roberto Bisconti, football player
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2013 (XLS; 607.5 KB)
- Media related to Saint-Nicolas, Liège at Wikimedia Commons
|This Liège location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|