|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church
Eastern Orthodox Church
|Attributes||portrayed as a knight on horseback, sometimes with a religious habit over his armor; a man falls from a horse in front of him|
A native of Bourges, he was educated as a courtier, he became an attendant at the Court of King Gontram at Chalon-sur-Saone. However, Austregisilus was desirous to become a monk and entered the abbey of Saint-Nizier at Lyon, where he became abbot. He was elected bishop of Bourges in 612.
- (Greek) Ὁ Ἅγιος Οὐλτρίλλος Ἐπίσκοπος Μπουργκές. 20 Μαΐου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- Austregisilus (Aoustrille, Outrille) May 20. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- Monks of Ramsgate. “Austrogisilus”. Book of Saints, 1921. CatholicSaints.Info. 5 August 2012
- Campbell, Thomas (1907). "St. Amandus", The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 1. New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Saint of the Day, May 20: Austregisilus of Bourges at SaintPatrickDC.org
- a translation of the Life of Austregisilus
|This article about a French bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|