Sakti Burman at Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata
|Occupation||Painter and sculpture|
He grew up in what is now Bangladesh (but was part of pre-Independence India). He has lived in France for the last five decades, while maintaining strong ties with India, where he regularly exhibits his works. He is married to French painter Maite Delteil. His extended family includes several eminent artists: his daughter, Maya Burman also lives and works in France; his niece, Jayasri Burman was inspired by him and is a notable artist in her own right; as is his niece's husband, Paresh Maity. He has had several exhibitions of his work in India, and elsewhere, and won several prizes.
A painter and lithographer, Burman's art has mythic and fantasy content and rich colors.
- Paintings at the website of Glenbarra Art Museum
- Website with brief biography and some images of his pictures
- Artists must watch quality of their works amid market boom, Economic Times, Dec 25, 2006
- Sakti Burman's world, The Hindu (magazine), Jun 22, 2003
- "Sakti Burman Profile,Interview and Artworks"
|This article about an Indian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|