This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
In 1993 Parekh moved to Berkeley, California, to attend the University of California, Berkeley, and joined the cypherpunks. In his second year at Cal, he started C2Net, a privacy-oriented ISP which provided anonymous accounts and an anonymous remailer, and was the first home of the Anonymizer web surfing proxy.
Through the mid- to late 1990s, Parekh was a frequently-cited critic of U.S. policy on encryption software. The cover story for the September 1997 issue of Forbes focused on his views of the political and social impact of cryptography. Through C2Net, Parekh pioneered the offshore development of cryptography by U.S. companies to avoid U.S. regulation, and later helped organize the first global conference on financial cryptography in Anguilla. He was also an advisor to and the chairman of HavenCo, a company that attempted to create a data haven in the Principality of Sealand.
After selling C2Net to Red Hat, Parekh traveled around Central and Eastern Europe in 2001 on a DJ tour. He played in countries such as Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Latvia. He also produced a number of "renegade" events in the Port of Oakland.
As of spring 2012, Parekh is the proprietor of Falkor Systems, a flying robot startup based in the New York area. In 2014, he was "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the Correll Robotics lab, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- McHugh, Josh (September 8, 1997). "Politics for the really cool". Forbes.
- "Index of /Politics/Free.Journal". June 20, 2001. Archived from the original on 2001-06-20.
- Secret Agents, cover story of the East Bay Express, March 14, 1997
- "First Monday: Prospects for Remailers". Archived from the original on May 17, 2008.
- "The Anonymizer". www.december.com.
- Staff, WIRED (January 1, 1997). "Scans" – via www.wired.com.
- "Interview with Sameer Parekh | Linux Journal". www.linuxjournal.com.
- "Stefan Wolf CyberSecurity & IAM Consulting". cybertrust.de.
- "Interview with Sameer Parekh Issue 20". linuxgazette.net.
- "Can you keep a secret?". www.efc.ca.
- "C2Net Short-Circuits US Crypto Policy". March 19, 1997 – via www.wired.com.
- "Cryptography and Paranoia in Anguilla". archive.nytimes.com.
- Garfinkel, Simson (July 1, 2000). "Welcome to Sealand. Now Bugger Off" – via www.wired.com.
- "News and press releases". www.redhat.com.
- "Sameer's Gallery :: Tour 2001 (dead link)". Archived from the original on October 9, 2007.
- Hua, Vanessa (January 21, 2001). "Putting Tech in TECHNO / Dot-coms, electronic music scene in harmony". SFGate.
- "The Claremont Institute - 2007 Lincoln Fellows". Archived from the original on May 15, 2008.
- "falkorsystems.com". falkorsystems.com.