|Born||1987 (age 31–32)|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|European Poker Tour|
Kelopuro started to play poker cash games in late 2005  when he was invited to a home sit-and-go poker tournament. Shortly afterwards, he became excited about poker and began playing online tournaments, sit-and-gos, cash games, heads up, shorthanded, and full ring games. He started on PAF, an online poker room belonging to the Ongame Network, where he made several deposits of €30 each and began playing $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1.00 games. At the time he was just finishing high school, yet he devoted up to 10 hours a day playing online poker. Six months after graduating high school, Kelopuro joined the Finnish Defence Forces for nine months. During his service, he continued playing online poker and decided that he wanted to play poker professionally after completing his service. He made his first large profits as a cash game specialist on the poker room Betfair.
Kelopuro made a major impact on the cash game scene in 2007, moving up to high-stakes no-limit Texas hold 'em and pot-limit Omaha hold 'em cash games at Full Tilt Poker, playing on limits up to $500/$1,000. He was involved in some of the biggest poker hands at the time, experiencing daily swings up to a million dollars. He is known for being one of the most aggressive and fearless cash game players in the world.
Despite shying away from the spotlight when he first became popular among railbirds, he started blogging at Coinflip, a poker website that he started with fellow Finnish poker pro Ilari Sahamies. When playing poker online, Kelopuro enjoys challenging himself by playing against some of the best poker players in the world.
During the past years he has started to show results also in live poker tournaments, for a total of more than $200,000 in winnings. In May 2011 he won the Spring Championship of Online Poker Event 38-H ($10,300 No-Limit Hold’em Main Event) for $504,691.09.
- Kollind, Lars (2011-01-26). "A Poker Icon to keep an eye on… Sami 'LarsLuzak' Kelopuro signs with Poker Icons!". Poker Icons. Archived from the original on January 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Player Profile". highstakesdb.com. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Start > LarsLuzak wins $637,353 on Omaha PL $500/$1000 LarsLuzak wins $637,353 on Omaha PL $500/$1000". highstakesdb. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Arnett, Kristy (2009-06-02). "Capture the Flag: Sami Kelopuro". CardPlayer Europe. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- Carter, Barry (2009-03-27). "The PokerNews Interview: Sami 'LarsLuzak' Kelopuro". PokerNews. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- "Sami Kelopuro". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Sami 'Lrslzk' Kelopuro Wins SCOOP Main Event". CardPlayer. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Jay, Johnstone (2009-07-01). "Sami 'larsluzak' Kelopuro Interview". Poker Player. Archived from the original on 2013-04-21. Retrieved 2009-07-01. Cite uses deprecated parameter