|Samige Kathawa |
|Directed by||Priyankara Vittanachchi|
|Produced by||Maheel Films|
|Written by||Priyankara Vittanachchi |
Puspa Kumara Ellawala
|Based on||Novel by Elmo Jayawardena|
|Starring||Jagath Chamila |
|Music by||Lakshman Joseph De Saram|
|Edited by||Shyaman Premasundara|
Dil Films International
|Distributed by||CEL Circuit|
|28 February 2014 (Sri Lanka)|
Samige Kathawa (Sam's story) (Sinhalese: සැමීගේ කතාව) is an award-winning 2014 Sri Lankan Sinhala drama film directed by Priyankara Vittanachchi and co-produced by Priyankara Vittanachchi, Wimal Deshapriya, Rohan Fonseka for Maheel Films. It stars Jagath Chamila in lead role along with Sanath Gunathilake, Nilmini Buwaneka and Menik Kurukulasuriya. Music composed by Lakshman Joseph De Saram. It is the 1202nd Sri Lankan film in the Sinhala cinema. The film has based on Gratien prize winning novel Sam's Story of Captain Elmo Jayawardena.
It is story about Sammy.
- Jagath Chamila as Sam
- Sanath Gunathilake
- Menik Kurukulasuriya
- Kusum Perera
- Nilmini Buwaneka as Sam's mother
- Victor Ramanayake
- Vathika Ravinath
- Thesara Jayawardane
- The Best Actor award at New York City International Film Festival 2013 = Jagath Chamila.
- Special Jury Award at Fourth SAARC Film Festival.
- "Sri Lankan Screened Films". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Samige Kathawa (2011)". Sri Lanka Cinema History. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Sri Lanka Cinema History". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Samige Kathawa". Sarasavi Book Shop. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "'Sam's Story' showing now". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Comment: Samige Kathawa". The Island. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Samige Kathawa (Sam's Story)". cultura.lk. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "'It's an award for my country'". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- ""Suvisi Vivarana" wins Gold Award at SAARC Film Festival". Independent Television Network. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
|This article related to Sri Lankan film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|