Sandeep A. Varma
|Sandeep A. Varma|
Sandeep at a screening of Manjunath at IIMPact 2014 in Singapore
1969 (age 48–49)|
|Occupation||Film director, writer|
Sandeep A. Varma (born 1969) is an Indian film director and writer, born and brought up in Delhi. He did his early education from St. Columbus School Delhi, B. Tech from BITS – Pilani and MBA from FMS University, Delhi. He has directed Manjunath (Film) (2014) a biopic based on the true story of Manjunath Shanmugam, the IIML graduate and Indian Oil sales officer who was killed by the mafia for exposing corruption in the oil sector. The film was released on 9 May 2014.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2014)
- Sandeep A. Varma has written and directed ‘Arjun Verma’ – a full-length feature film shot on film (16mm) for Zee.
- He has written and directed an all India TV Commercial for IMS-ICAP ‘Score More’ that was created in-house from concept stage to direction and production. Has directed and produced several ad films for IMS in the past.
- He has made several short films. Two of these films on ‘Water Conservation’ and ‘Street Children’ got felicitated at the Kerala International film festival (2003) and Philadelphia Short film festival (2003).
- Written mega budget serial for Star Plus on Prithvi Raj Chauhan produced by Sagar Films Ltd.
- He was co-writer on Rahul Rawail’s Arjun Pandit starring Sunny Deol and Juhi Chawla.
- His short film, The Virgins, got over 6 million views on YouTube in just about 4 months and was recognized in many film festivals including 4th Noida International Film Festival, JIO Filmfare Short Film Awards, and Delhi Shorts International Film Festivals.
- Sandeep Varma has co - founded Filmboard Movies, which seeks to revolutionize the way audio - visual content is created in the industry.
- He is part of the elite academic council of SPJIMR’s[better source needed] new program PSMEM (Programme in Strategic Media & Entertainment Management) which was launched in partnership with The Times of India Group.
- 2015: Screen Award for Best Screenplay – Manjunath (Film) (Won)
- 2015: Screen Award for Most Promising Debut Director – Manjunath (Film) (Nominated)
- "The story of Manjunath picked me, says director Sandeep Varma".
- The film was supported by the Manjunath Shanmugam Trust
- "Manjunath Shanmugam Trust".
- "Manjunath: No ordinary man".
- "Movie on whistleblower Manjunath's sacrifice released".
- "Content marketing - growing the digital way".
- "S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research".
- "SPJIMR launches management programme in Strategic Media and Entertainment".
- "Screen Awards 2015 full winners list".
- "21st Annual Life OK Screen Awards nominations". Retrieved 27 January 2015.