Sandeep A. Varma
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sandeep A. Varma
Sandeep at a screening of Manjunath at IIMPact 2014 in Singapore
|Born||1969 (age 49–50)|
|Occupation||Film director, writer|
Sandeep A. Varma (born 1969) is an Indian film director and writer, born and brought up in Delhi. He did his early education from St. Columbus School Delhi, B. Tech from BITS – Pilani and MBA from FMS University, Delhi. He has directed Manjunath (Film) (2014) a biopic based on the true story of Manjunath Shanmugam, the IIML graduate and Indian Oil sales officer who was killed by the mafia for exposing corruption in the oil sector. The film was released on 9 May 2014.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2014)
Sandeep A. Varma has written and directed ‘Arjun Verma’ – a full-length feature film shot on film (16mm) for Zee. He has written and directed an all India TV Commercial for IMS-ICAP ‘Score More’ that was created in-house from concept stage to direction and production. He has directed and produced several ad films for IMS in the past. He has made several short films. Two of these films on ‘Water Conservation’ and ‘Street Children’ got felicitated at the Kerala International film festival (2003) and Philadelphia Short film festival (2003). He has written mega budget serial for Star Plus on Prithvi Raj Chauhan produced by Sagar Films Ltd. He was co-writer on Rahul Rawail's Arjun Pandit starring Sunny Deol and Juhi Chawla. His short film, The Virgins, has got over 13 million views on YouTube and was recognized in many film festivals including 4th Noida International Film Festival, JIO Filmfare Short Film Awards, and Delhi Shorts International Film Festivals.
Sandeep Varma has co - founded Filmboard Movies, which seeks to revolutionize the way audio/visual content is created in the industry.
He wrote and directed Kahanibaaz, a digital short thriller featuring Ashish Vidyarthi, presented by Large Short Films and produced by Yellow Bulbs. It was nominated as a Semi-Finalist in the Los Angeles Cine Fest and nominated at the Pune Short Film Festival.
He is part of the elite academic council of SPJIMR's new program PSMEM (Programme in Strategic Media & Entertainment Management) which was launched in partnership with The Times of India Group.
- 2015: Screen Award for Best Screenplay – Manjunath (Film) (Won)
- 2015: Screen Award for Most Promising Debut Director – Manjunath (Film) (Nominated)
- "The story of Manjunath picked me, says director Sandeep Varma".
- The film was supported by the Manjunath Shanmugam Trust
- "Manjunath Shanmugam Trust".
- "Manjunath: No ordinary man".
- "Movie on whistleblower Manjunath's sacrifice released".
- "Content marketing - growing the digital way".
- "Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Film presents thriller 'Kahanibaaz'".
- "SPJIMR launches management programme in Strategic Media and Entertainment".
- "Screen Awards 2015 full winners list".
- "21st Annual Life OK Screen Awards nominations". Retrieved 27 January 2015.