Santa Ana Bulldogs
The Bulldogs FA, also known as the Dawgs, are a Costa Rican American Football team based in San Jose, Costa Rica. They are currently members of FEFACR (American Football Federation of Costa Rica) for its acronym in Spanish. They are currently The Five-time champion on the league. The team, joined the FEFACR in 2008 being one of the league founders. The dawgs just earned their 5th Costa Rica Super Bowl (May 17, 2014) and its currently the title holder on best defense and offense on the league.
The Bulldogs wear 2 uniforms, their helmets are navy blue with a B on it (for Bulldogs), their home jersey is navy blue with white and gold numbers with white pants and navy blue socks.
For their away games, they usually wear their second uniform, which consists on the same navy blue helmet, but with a whole white uniform, with navy blue and gold numbers and navy blue socks.
- Head coach: Carlos Avila
- Linemen Coach: Gilbert Chávez
- Defensive Coordinator: Paco Wilson
- Defensive Assistant Coach: Danny Monney
- Special Teams Coach: Cisco León
Big Papi II is an original Bulldog, it has accompanied the team since the beginning of the Costa Rican Football League.
Regular Season Stats
Official FEFACR Stats
Costa Rica Super Bowl Championships
The Bulldogs have won the last 3 Super Bowls, being the first American Football Team in Costa Rica to reach that record.
|2010||Jose Lopez||Bulldogs 35 - 33 Toros*||Reinhard Weiss|
|2011||Jose Lopez||Bulldogs 35 - 17 Toros||Dean Mooke|
|2012||Jose Lopez||Bulldogs 30 - 07 Toros*||Benjamin Chaverri|
*2010 Season, the team went undefeated(11-0)
**2012 Season, the team went undefeated(9-0)
Bulldogs International Games
The Bulldogs have played against international teams representing their Country Costa Rica
|Date||Coach||Home Team||Final Score||Away Team||Field||Location|
|June 2010||Jose Lopez||Bulldogs||19 - 13 (OT)||Guerreros||Cuty Monge Stadium||San Jose|
|May 2012||Jose Lopez||Bulldogs||6 - 14||Saints||Perez Zeledon Sports Center||Pérez Zeledón|
- Longest Winning Streak : 14 Games (From Game 4 Season 2011 to IV Costa Rica Super Bowl 2012)
- Longest Losing Streak : 3 Games (From Game 6 Season 2009 to Semifinal Game 2009)
- Most Points Scored on a Game : 70 Points (Game 4 Season 2012 / Bulldogs 70 - 8 Dragons)
- Most Points Granted on a Game : 54 Points (Semifinal Game 2009 / Toros 54 - 0 Bulldogs)
- Biggest Winning Difference : 62 Points (Game 4 Season 2012 / Bulldogs 70 - 8 Dragons)
- Smallest Winning Difference : 1 Point (Game 5 Season 2009 / Bulldogs 9 - 8 Dragons)
- Biggest Losing Difference : 54 Points (Semifinal Game 2009 / Toros 54 - 0 Bulldogs)
- Smallest Losing Difference : 13 Points (Game 1 Season 2009 / Bulldogs 6 - 19 Dragons)
- Longest Game Played : II Costa Rica Super Bowl (Toros 36 - 39 Bulldogs 3(OT))
- Shortest Game Played: Game 2 Season 2010 (Tiburones 0 - Bulldogs 17 / The game was called off at the 28th minute due to a misconduct of the whole Tiburones Team)