Santa Monica Stakes
|Grade II race|
|Location||Santa Anita Park
Arcadia, California, United States
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Website||Santa Anita Park|
|Qualification||Fillies and Mares, four years old & up|
The Santa Monica Stakes is an American Grade II Thoroughbred horse race run annually in late January/early February at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. Opern to fillies and mares age four and older, it is contested on Pro-Ride synthetic dirt over a distance of seven furlongs.
Inaugurated in 1957, through 1959 it was open to horses three-year-olds and up of either sex.
The race was run in two divisions in 1961 and 1965.
- 1:20.71 - Intangaroo (2008) (synthetics)
- 1:20.60 - Past Forgetting (1982) (dirt)
- Chop House (1964, 1965)
- Past Forgetting (1982, 1983)
- Pine Tree Lane (1987, 1988)
Most wins by a jockey:
- 6 - Bill Shoemaker (1961 (2x), 1963, 1980, 1982, 1985)
Most wins by a trainer:
- 6 - D. Wayne Lukas (1980, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1996)
Most wins by an owner:
- 3 - C. V. Whitney (1959, 1960, 1961)
- 3 - William Haggin Perry (1965, 1966, 1969)
- 3 - Bernard. J. Ridder (1978, 1982, 1983)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Anita Park.|