From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sappho (died ca. 570 BC) was an ancient Greek poet. Sappho may also refer to:
- Sappho, Washington, an unincorporated community in the state of Washington in the United States
- Sappho Point, a headland on the island of South Georgia
- HMS Sappho, the name of several warships of the British Royal Navy
- USS Sappho, the name of more than one United States Navy ship
- Sappho (play), an 1818 play by Austrian playwright Franz Grillparzer
- Sappho (film), a 1921 German silent film directed by Dimitri Buchowetzki and starring Pola Negri, released in the US as Mad Love
- Sappho, 1963 opera by Peggy Glanville-Hicks
- Sappho (organisation), a lesbian social group in the United Kingdom which published the magazine Sappho until 1981
- 80 Sappho, an asteroid named after the ancient Greek poet
- Sappho (genus), a hummingbird genus
- Sappho Leontias (1832–1900), Greek writer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sappho.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.