Sara Negri (born January 21, 1967) is a mathematical logician who studies proof theory. She is Italian, but works in Finland, where she is a professor of theoretical philosophy in the University of Helsinki.
Negri was born in Padua, and studied at the University of Padua. She earned a master's degree there in 1991 and a Ph.D. in 1996, both in mathematics. Her dissertation, Dalla Topologia Formale all'Analisi, was supervised by Giovanni Sambin. She came to Helsinki as a docent in 1998, and became a full professor there in 2015. She has also taken several visiting positions, including a Humboldt Fellowship in 2004–2005 at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Negri is the co-author, with Jan von Plato, of two books:
- Structural Proof Theory (Cambridge University Press, 2001)
- Proof Analysis: A Contribution to Hilbert's Last Problem (Cambridge University Press, 2011)
- "Sara Negri", 375 Humanists, Faculty of Arts, University of Helsinki, retrieved 2018-02-28
- Curriculum vitae (PDF), September 2017, retrieved 2018-02-28
- Sara Negri at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Negri, Sara (2009), "Alone Amongst Men", Humboldt Kosmos, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, retrieved 2018-02-28
- Reviews of Structural Proof Theory:
- Reviews of Proof Analysis: