Sarah Jane Smith: Buried Secrets
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||Sarah Jane Smith|
Sarah Jane Smith: Buried Secrets is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It stars Elisabeth Sladen reprising her role as Sarah Jane Smith.
By chance, Sarah meets Harry Sullivan's brother: who is working at a research base in the Antarctic, which Sarah is co-funding through her inheritance from Aunt Lavinia. Will Sullivan is trying to learn what has become of his brother, who has disappeared. He invites Sarah to join him in the Antarctic as soon as she can conclude her current investigation.
Meanwhile, Sarah learns of the death of Hilda Winters, then receives a letter from her from beyond the grave. The letter speaks of a 16th-century manuscript known as The Book of Tomorrows which foretells the future, and which is being urgently sought by the mysterious Keeper. Sarah is in danger whilst she remains in possession of the letter.
When Sarah's friend Natalie is arrested in Florence on a murder charge whilst taking part in an archaeological dig, Sarah rushes to her assistance, and in Italy unearths a centuries-old conspiracy. Natalie has uncovered information about the manuscript, which has been missing for centuries. It predicts an alien invasion of the Earth, in which the key figure will be a person named Sarah, with the initials SJS...
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
- Josh Townsend - Jeremy James
- Natalie Redfern - Sadie Miller
- Will Sullivan - Tom Chadbon
- Professor Edmons - Ivor Danvers
- Luca - Daniel Barzotti
- Newsreader - Shaun Ley
- Ben Kimmel- Jon Weinberg
- Keeper - Jacqueline Pearce
- Dexter - David Gooderson
- Maude - Patricia Leventon
- Sir Donald - Stephen Greif
- Both Tom Chadbon and David Gooderson appeared in Fourth Doctor serials produced in 1979. Chadbon played Duggan in City of Death while Gooderson was the second actor to play Davros, the creator of the Daleks, in Destiny of the Daleks.
- Tom Chadbon, in addition to appearing in the Doctor Who serial City of Death with Tom Baker, also appeared in the Colin Baker television serial The Mysterious Planet (episodes 1 to 4 of The Trial of a Time Lord) in 1986. For Big Finish, Chadbon has also appeared with 8th Doctor Paul McGann, during The Eighth Doctor Adventures (2007), in the serial No More Lies. His science fiction credits include appearing in the BBC TV series Blake's 7, as Del Grant in the series 2 episode Countdown. He is also famous for playing Sandra's husband in the long running BBC situation comedy The Liver Birds.
- David Gooderson has extensive acting credits in television and radio going back forty years. He has twice been a member of the BBC Radio Drama Company, and has made over four hundred broadcasts. His science fiction credits outside Doctor Who include appearing in two cult radio shows: playing Tidy, the sentient android, in series 2 of Earthsearch; and the barman in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Jacqueline Pearce appeared in Doctor Who with Colin Baker and Patrick Troughton, in the TV serial The Two Doctors. Her science fiction credits include appearing in the BBC TV series Blake's 7 from 1978 to 1981, as series regular Supreme Commander Servalan.
- Stephen Greif's science fiction credits include appearing in the BBC TV series Blake's 7 in 1978, as series regular Space Commander Travis.