Saratoga Springs station
Saratoga Springs station in July 2006
|Location||26 Station Lane
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Northway Xpress, 451|
|Passengers (2016)||36,299 2.1%|
The current station was built in 1956-1959 by the Delaware & Hudson Railway, as a replacement for an 1880-built structure at another location, which currently serves as a private residence. It was rehabilitated in 2004. The 6,400-square-foot (590 m2) passenger area contains a coffee shop/newsstand, murals, an automated teller machine, a visitors information kiosk, outside patio area and benches, and a children’s play area.
Saratoga Springs is served by Amtrak's Adirondack and Ethan Allen Express, in addition to the Saratoga & North Creek Railway's two heritage lines. The station has one low-level side platform to the east of the tracks.
|Track 1||← Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express toward New York City (Schenectady)
Adirondack toward Montreal (Fort Edward) →
Ethan Allen Express toward Rutland (Fort Edward) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Street level||Exit/entrance to station building|
The station is also served by buses operated by the Capital District Transportation Authority.
Notable places nearby
- Saratoga National Historical Park
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Saratoga Spa State Park
- Saratoga Springs Visitor Center
- Skidmore College
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2016, State of New York" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- Existing Railroad Stations in Saratoga County, New York
- Image of former D&H Station, 117 Grand Avenue
Media related to Saratoga Springs (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Saratoga Springs, NY
- Saratoga & North Creek Railway
- CDTA Saratoga Springs Train Station website
- Saratoga Springs, NY (SAR) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This New York train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|