The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Satine Phoenix photo by Allan Amato for Temple of Art
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
Satine Phoenix (born May 22, 1980) is a Filipino American comic book illustrator, painter, cosplayer, model, actress, former pornographic actress, and bondage/fetish model living in Los Angeles, California. She is the co-creator, with writer R.K. Syrus, of the graphic novel New Praetorians and the founder of CelebrityChariD20 (formerly CelebrityCharityDnD). In 2010, she revived her art and gaming career at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood, California by starting DrawMelt (a life drawing class with cosplay models) and DnDMelt (a gaming community focused around Dungeons and Dragons).
In April 2017, Phoenix took over from Matthew Mercer as host of the Game Master Tips web series on Geek & Sundry's YouTube channel, which discusses the role of the Dungeon Master within Dungeons and Dragons.
Illustration: Phoenix is the co-creator and illustrator of the New Praetorians graphic novel. She also works part-time creating box art for The Loyal Subjects, has created art for musical acts such as Jason Charles Miller and DirtyLvrs, and paints large commissions. She illustrated Machinations of the Space Princess, a tabletop roleplaying game by James Desborough.
Actress & Model: Phoenix has accepted projects that appeal to her interests in gaming and fetish fashion, cosplaying characters from various D&D games and modeling in latex and leather. Notable projects include Pen, Paper & Laser Guns and her role in co-developing the gaming web series I Hit It With My Axe, which was distributed through online magazine The Escapist. In 2013, she appeared in the Javier Grillo-Marxuach's short film Minotaur.
Gaming: Phoenix founded DnDMelt at Meltdown Comics in October 2011, where she was later dubbed "The Queen of D&D". Phoenix also co-created Maze Arcana. In addition to supporting the Los Angeles Dungeons & Dragons Meetup, Maze Arcana live streams weekly Dungeons and Dragons games on the Maze Arcana and DnD Twitch channels. Here, Phoenix acts as Dungeon Master for an all-female cast in Sirens of the Realms, and previously acted as DM for episodes of Fury's Reach alongside Maze Arcana co-creator Ruty Rutenberg.
Geek & Sundry: Phoenix has both appeared in and hosted a number of episodes on Geek & Sundry: Phoenix appeared in seasons three and four of the TableTop web series with Wil Wheaton; and in April 2017 she began hosting the second season of Game Master Tips (GM Tips), a YouTube video series for Dungeon Masters in Dungeons and Dragons and gamemasters in other tabletop role-playing games. Season two of GM Tips expanded on the original format through Satine interviewing influential players from the tabletop role-playing gaming universe. The second season ended with Phoenix interviewing the host of the first season, Matthew Mercer, in December 2017.
Other: In 2008, Phoenix appeared in an episode of the WE tv series Secret Lives of Women and was a guest on the Fox talk show The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet. Phoenix has been portrayed by many artists, including Swedish punk painter Karl Backman and American photographer Chad Michael Ward.
Phoenix organizes meet-ups and events, notably the "Celebrity Charity Dungeons & Dragons", a charity event to raise funds for Reach Out and Read, a national non-profit organization that advocates for childhood literacy. She has also done live performance art with the San Francisco group "Zen Bullies," body painting, a bondage burlesque show, and had a weekly radio show on KSEXradio.
Adult film career
Phoenix was a computer programmer and a stripper in San Francisco before entering the adult film industry in 2006. Phoenix was also very open about her interest in S&M and bondage, and she came in fourth place for Best Comic Artist at the Bondage Awards in 2010.
In a 2006 report for the news website AlterNet the journalist Annalee Newitz referred to her as "the sort of person who has the education and resources to choose from many careers and has chosen this one because she likes it".
Awards and nominations
- Satine Phoenix, Adult Film Database. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix at IAFD. November 20, 2011.
- Philippe Berry (July 25, 2010). "Satine Phoenix: "Oui, des actrices porno qui jouent à Donjons et Dragons, ça existe"". 20 Minutes. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Game Masters Tips with Satine Phoenix – Different Style of Storytelling". Geek & Sundry. April 13, 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Interview with Satine Phoenix, AIPdaily. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Annalee Newitz, On Reality TV Series "I Hit It With My Axe", io9. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- "Minotaur". Sarasota Film Festival. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- McMillan, Graeme. "Will Dungeons & Dragons Be the Next Hobbit?", TIME, London, 12 December 2012. Retrieved on 29 December 2017.
- "Five Tribes: Jenna Busch, Satine Phoenix, and Richard Garriott Join Wil on TableTop". Geek & Sundry. April 9, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "TableTop: Wil Wheaton plays MONARCH with Ashley Clements, Brea Grant, and Satine Phoenix!". Geek & Sundry. February 1, 2017. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Game Masters Tips with Satine Phoenix: Retrospective with Matt Mercer". Geek & Sundry. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Wade Garrett (15 September 2008). "Satine Phoenix to Appear on Fox News Tuesday". AVN. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Untitled, Karl Backman, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- KarlBackman.com. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- YUHMM Magazine Taste It. Chad Michael Ward Archived 2012-07-23 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- The Betrayal Model: Satine Phoenix. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Liz Ohanesian (January 30, 2012). "Celebrity Charity Dungeons & Dragons at Meltdown Comics, Plus Tips for Beginners". LA Weekly. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Stephen Elliott (February 7, 2007). "My day at the Porn Palace". Salon. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Satine Phoenix is rising Archived 2012-05-25 at the Wayback Machine., AIPdaily. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- The Bondage Awards Hall of Fame Archived 2011-12-04 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Annalee Newitz (May 16, 2006). "Porn 2.0". AlterNet. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- ADULTCON AWARDS. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix, Burning Quill: A Collection of Illustrations and Other Art Work of Satine Phoenix, CreateSpace, 2010, ISBN 1451520026
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Satine Phoenix.|