"Save Room" is a song by American recording artist John Legend, taken from his second album, Once Again (2006). A joyful love song, it was written by Legend along with will.i.am, Jessyca Wilson, Buddy Buie, and James B. Cobb, Jr. and built along a sample of Gábor Szabó's version of the Classics IV hit "Stormy" which was brought in by frequent collaborator Kanye West. Production was helmed by both Legend and will.i.am.
Released as the album's first single, "Save Room" became a top ten hit in Italy and the Netherlands while reaching the top twenty in the Flemish region of Belgium and on Billboard 's US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. In the United Kingdom, the single received a digital only release and chart rules at that time prevented it from charting. A critical success, the song was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.
The song's accompanying music video, directed by Bryan Barber, was shot in various locations in New York City and features Legend in relations with several different women. He is seen trying to stay in relationships with the women but having trouble doing so. "Save Room" later appeared in films such as Nancy Meyers's It's Complicated (2009) and Glenn Ficarra and John Requa's Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011).
- Produced by will.i.am and John Legend
- Recorded by will.i.am and Padraic Kerin at Spiral Recording, LA, Anthony Kilhoffer (assisted by Gelly Kusuma) at The Record Plant, LA and Anthony "Rocky" Gallo at The Cutting Room
- Vocals: John Legend
- Mixed by Tony Maserati at Chung King Studios
- Guitar: Sharief Hobley
- Live Drums: will.i.am and Swiss Chris
- Horns: Corey Hogan, Ryck Jane (Jenee Dixon) and Karesha Crawford
- Additional Keyboards: John Legend
- Background Vocals: Jessyca Wilson and Sasha Allen