This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saving Iceland is an organization that describe themselves as "a network of people of different nationalities, who do not intend to stand by passively and watch the Icelandic government in league with foreign corporations slowly kill the natural beauty of Iceland." They have been critical of the aluminum industry in Iceland.
Some of their protest tactics have included setting off alarms, leaflets, chaining themselves to machinery, and throwing stink bombs. They have also used vandalism several times. Concerts to oppose heavy industry have also been organized by them.
In 2007, Saving Iceland began their "Summer of Dissent" campaign, which included a conference on “Global Consequences of Heavy Industry and Large Dams.” 
- "About SI". 07-11-2008. Retrieved 2009-10-07. Check date values in:
- Lyall, Sarah (2007-02-04). "Smokestacks in a White Wilderness Divide Iceland in a Development Debate". The New York Times. p. 16. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Aluminium smelting in Iceland". Economist.com. 2008-09-28. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Elliott, Alex (2009-08-12). "Saving Iceland disrupts smelter construction". IceNews. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "ATTACK ON CONSULATE". Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland). 2007-07-21. p. 16.
- ""Dear Iceland: Fuck You! Yours Truly, Aluminium" - Banner Drop on the Biggest Church in Iceland". Saving Iceland. 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Saving Iceland concert to be held in Belgium Saturday". Iceland Review. 2006-06-23. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Þóroddsdóttir, Valgerður (2007-07-13). "Saving Iceland Mega Concert". The Reykjavík Grapevine. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Robert, Zoe (2007-12-07). "The Green Dilemma". Iceland Review. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Bolwig, Chris (2007-07-20). "Activists target Icelandic consulate in Edinburgh". IceNews. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Fulton, Catharine (2009-08-12). "Saving Iceland protests Helguvik smelter". The Reykjavík Grapevine. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Dupont, Gaëlle (2006-07-30). "Le " barrage de l'aluminium " divise l'Islande; Un projet hydroélectrique en cours de construction est accusé de nuire à la beauté et à l'environnement de l'île". Le Monde (in French). Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Magnússon, Jón (2008-07-16). "Burt með þá". 24 stundir (in Icelandic). p. 13. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Mótmæli við álver Alcan í Skotlandi". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). 2005-10-29. p. 12. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Saving Iceland: Skyr Splashing Understandable". Iceland Review. 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Strengdu fána í Orkuveitunni". Fréttablaðið (in Icelandic). 2007-07-21. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
|This activism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iceland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|