From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up scarp or scarps in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scarp may refer to:
Landforms and geology
- Cliff, a significant vertical, or near vertical, rock exposure
- Escarpment, a steep slope or long rock that occurs from erosion or faulting and separates two relatively level areas of differing elevations
- Fault scarp, the topographic expression of faulting attributed to the displacement of the land surface by movement along faults
- Scarp, Scotland, an island in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland
- Scarp and counterscarp, the inner and outer sides of a ditch or moat used in fortifications
- SS-9 Scarp, the NATO reporting name for the R-36 ICBM
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scarp.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.