From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scharnhorst may refer to:
- Gerhard von Scharnhorst (1755–1813), Prussian general
- SS Scharnhorst (1904), a passenger steamer built in 1904
- SMS Scharnhorst (1907), an armored cruiser of World War I, sunk at the Battle of the Falkland Islands
- SS Scharnhorst (1934), a German ocean liner, eventually purchased by Japan and converted into the escort carrier Shinyo
- German battleship Scharnhorst, a German capital ship which saw action in World War II and was sunk at the Battle of the North Cape
- Scharnhorst, formerly HMS Mermaid (U30), a ship of the West German Bundesmarine from 1959 until 1980
- Scharnhorst Order, the highest medal awarded to the East German National People's Army
- Scharnhorst, Lower Saxony, a municipality in the district of Celle, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Scharnhorst effect, a hypothetical phenomenon in which light travels faster between two closely spaced conducting plates than in a normal vacuum
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scharnhorst.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.