Scott Bevan (journalist)
|Born||1964 (age 51–52)
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
|Notable credit(s)||Moscow Correspondent ABC TV (2008 – 2010)
News Presenter ABC News 24 (2010 – 2015)
Scott Bevan (born 1964 in Newcastle, New South Wales) is an Australian journalist.
In 1984 Bevan joined The Newcastle Herald as a cadet journalist. He later worked in commercial radio as a news presenter. After a fifteen-month stint in Japan he joined the Nine Network in 1989 as a reporter. He spent time in Perth working for Nine News.
Bevan moved to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2005, working initially as reporter for the 7.30 Report and a presenter on ABC Local Radio. In 2008 he was posted to Moscow as a correspondent for ABC Television.
In January 2016, Bevan resigned from the ABC to start a music career.
- "Authors » Scott Bevan". Fremantle Press. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- Thompson, Frances (31 July 2010). "Scott Bevan says there's no place like home". The Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Scott Bevan - Reporters". Foreign Correspondent. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "About ABC News 24". ABC News 24. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Book review: Bill: The life of William Dobell, by Scott Bevan". The Sydney Morning Herald. Australia. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2016.