Scott J. Andreassi
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Scott J. Andreassi|
|District Attorney of Armstrong County|
1998 – present
|Preceded by||George Kepple|
|Residence||Sugarcreek Township, Armstrong County|
He was elected District Attorney in 1997 in a close race against then Assistant District Attorney Bradley Hellein, the Republican nominee. Andreassi was unopposed for re-election in 2001. In 2005, Hellein again ran against Andreassi. Andreassi won that year by a comfortable margin.
Prior to serving as DA, he was worked as an assistant Armstrong County public defender, Assistant to the Secretary/Treasurer of the PA AFL-CIO, Contract Administrator for the PA Nurses Association, attorney for the Airline Pilots Association, and as a private attorney as a partner in Steiner, Steiner and Andreassi.
Andreassi's assistant district attorneys are First Assistant, Katie Charlton and Tim Miller. Andreassi's predecessor, Republican George Kepple, serves as Andreassi's Deputy District Attorney.
- "Suspected meth lab raided". Indiana Gazette. 24 March 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "ACLU Lawsuit: Man Wrongly Arrested, Jailed For Recording Police". cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- Miller, Carlos. "Pennsylvania Man Arrested on Felony for Recording Cop Files Lawsuit - PINAC News". photographyisnotacrime.com. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "ACLU-PA Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Armstrong County Resident Arrested and Jailed for Videotaping Police". aclupa.org. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "ACLU sues on behalf of homeowner who recorded parking dispute". post-gazette.com. Retrieved 2 April 2017.