Scott Lucas and the Married Men
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Scott Lucas and The Married Men|
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Genres||Indie, folk, alternative rock|
|Labels||G&P, The End|
|Associated acts||Local H, Cisco Pike, The Cold Space, The Tossers, Caviar|
Rebecca Manthe (Rebecca Brooke M.)
Peter "Pete" Muschong
The project started when Lucas started writing and sending songs to an ex-girlfriend in an effort to win her back. Originally the songs were not intended for release, but upon realizing he had an album's worth of material he put together a band to play with. Randy Payne and Tom Szidon were recruited from Lucas' cover band The Cold Space, and Aaron Duggins and Rebecca Manthe came from The Tossers.
Album and tour
Scott Lucas and The Married Men released their first album on February 16, 2010, titled George Lassos The Moon. The band played shows sporadically around Chicago throughout 2009, and embarked on their first multiple city tour on February 12, 2010. The Absolute Beginners EP was released on October 19, 2010.
On June 5, 2012, the band released their second studio album, entitled Blood Half Moon. The album was recorded at Steve Albini's Electrical Studio in Chicago. The band also toured the country in promotion of the record.
- Current members
- Scott Lucas – lead vocals, guitar
- Jason Batchko – organ, piano
- Aaron Duggins – accordion
- Rebecca Manthe (Rebecca Brooke M.) – violin
- Peter "Pete" Muschong – guitar, backing vocals
- Randy Payne – drums
- Tom Szidon – bass, backing vocals
- Tankboy in Arts & Events on February 17, 2010 10:30 AM (2010-02-17). "Rockin' Our Turntable + Exclusive Download: Scott Lucas & The Married Men". Chicagoist. Archived from the original on April 3, 2012. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- "Niet compatibele browser". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- scottlucasandthemarriedmen.com, Official website.