|No. 52 Brooklyn Bolts|
|Date of birth:||April 23, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Brookfield, Connecticut|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||247 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Brookfield (CT)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Scott Lutrus (born April 23, 1988) is a former American football linebacker for the University of Connecticut. After college, he was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. After time on various practice squads, he was signed by the Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) and remained with them until the team folded in 2016.
Lutrus grew up and attended high school in Brookfield, Connecticut. In football, he was named to the all-state team by the New Haven Register during his senior year, and was named the 2006 Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year after rushing for 2,017 yards and 34 touchdowns, as well as 63 tackles and four interceptions (two returned for touchdowns) playing defense. He was ranked as a two-star recruit. During his junior year, Brookfield fell short of a league title after losing to the undefeated state champion Pomperaug Panthers in the SWC Championship game.
Lutrus played college football at the University of Connecticut, where he majored in economics and was a four-year starter on the team. He redshirted in 2006, but he became a starter in 2007 at the strongside linebacker position, accumulating 106 tackles. He was the first player since 1999 to be named the Big East Defensive Player of the Week in back-to-back weeks, and after the season he was named to the Freshman All-America team. In 2008, he led the team in tackles at the same position and was named to the All-Big East second team. In 2009 and 2010, a recurring neck injury kept him sidelined for eight games, but he was a team captain each year and recorded 69 and 59 tackles, respectively.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2⅜ in||241 lb||4.68 s||1.56 s||2.61 s||4.09 s||6.89 s||38 in||10 ft 1 in||x reps||x|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Lutrus was projected to go as high as the fifth round in the 2011 NFL Draft, but ended up being undrafted, and he was considered one of the top undrafted players available. After the 2011 NFL lockout ended, Lutrus was quickly signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as a middle linebacker. He was projected to be a special teams player and backup linebacker, but was released on September 2.
St. Louis Rams
Lutrus was signed to the Rams' practice squad on September 5, 2011.
Lutrus was signed off of the Rams' practice squad by the Colts on November 29, 2011. He was placed on injured reserve on August 14, 2012. On August 1, 2013, Lutrus was waived/injured by the Colts.
- "Three more Connectict players get shots at NFL", The Hour, 2011-07-27, retrieved 2011-08-16
- Player Bio: Scott Lutrus, University of Connecticut, retrieved 2011-08-16
- Newberg, Jamie (2007-11-26), "Freshman All-Americans", Scout.com, retrieved 2011-08-18,
Lutrus recorded 98 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 INT (2 returned for TDs), and 1 sack this season.
- Fox, David (2007-11-27), "Crabtree leads scary list of young talent", Rivals.com, retrieved 2011-08-18,
Lutrus helped lead Connecticut's surprising season by finishing the regular season with 98 tackles and four interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns.
- Lewis, Scott (2011-07-27), "NFL Lockout Over, Lutrus Signs with Jaguars", Patch.com, retrieved 2011-08-16
- "Former Brookfield, UConn standout Lutrus to sign with Jags", Danbury News Times, 2011-07-26, retrieved 2011-08-18
- Ostrout, Neill (2011-08-10), "With UConn's new defensive coordinator, it's 'light your hair on fire and go'", Greenwich Time, Hearst Corporation, retrieved 2011-08-16,
Although the UConn defense as a whole returns a litany of starters, it did lose two four-year starters at linebacker in Scott Lutrus and Lawrence Wilson.
- "Robert Quinn". NFL Draft scout.com. 2011-02-29. Retrieved 2011-04-27. Check date values in:
- McGinn, Bob (2011-07-20), "Best of the undrafted free agents: Defense", Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Journal Communications, retrieved 2011-08-16
- Kuharsky, Paul (2011-07-26), Introducing the Jaguars undrafteds, ESPN, retrieved 2011-08-16,
UConn linebacker Scott Lutrus was seen as a possible late-round pick who projects as backup and special teamer.
- "Scott Lutrus," Jacksonville Jaguars, accessed August 15, 2011.