Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up scour in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scour may refer to:
- The term ‘scouring’ applies to the removal of impurities such as oils, wax, gums, soluble impurities and dirt commonly found in textile material to produce a hydrophilic and clean cloth.
- Hydrodynamic scour, the removal of sediment such as sand and silt from around an object (resulting in a local depression), due to an increase of flow velocity around that object.
- Bridge scour, erosion of soil around at the base of a bridge pier or abutments via the flow of air, ice, or water
- Ice scour, also known as ice gouge, when a drifting ice feature (an iceberg, sea ice or a stamukha) scrapes the seabed
- Tidal scour, erosion of substrate via tidal forces
- Scour Inc., a multimedia search engine
- Scour, a Python Module to optimize and reduce the size of Scalable Vector Graphics, which is also included in Inkscape as an extension.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scour.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.