|Look up scour in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scour may refer to:
- The term ‘scouring’ applies to the removal of impurities such as oils, wax, gums, soluble impurities and dirt commonly found in textile material to produce a hydrophilic and clean cloth.
- Hydrodynamic scour, the removal of sediment such as sand and silt from around an object (resulting in a local depression), due to an increase of flow velocity around that object.
- Bridge scour, erosion of soil around at the base of a bridge pier or abutments via the flow of air, ice, or water
- Ice scour, also known as ice gouge, when a drifting ice feature (an iceberg, sea ice or a stamukha) scrapes the seabed
- Tidal scour, erosion of substrate via tidal forces
- Scour Inc., a multimedia search engine
- Scour, a Python Module to optimize and reduce the size of Scalable Vector Graphics, which is also included in Inkscape as an extension.
- Scours, a term for diarrhea, especially among cattle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scour.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.