The newsletter focuses on individuals who need help in dealing with scrupulosity. Alphonsus Liguori, a Doctor of the Church suffered from "scruples" and feelings of religious guilt in his own life, and developed techniques for helping people with the same condition
In his book A Thousand Frightening Fantasies, 'psychologist William Van Ornum reported a survey of one thousand subscribers to Scrupulous Anonymous and documented their feelings of anguish and suffering.
In his book The Doubting Disease Joseph Ciarrocchi stated that: "I have found the newsletter a useful adjunct to therapy for religious persons".
- Scrupulous Anonymous: the monthly newsletter of the Liguori Mission
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders by Fred Penzel ISBN 0-19-514092-3 page 339
- Maria de' Liguori, Saint Alfonso (1999). Selected writings, p. 209. ISBN 0-8091-3771-2
- The true spouse of Jesus Christ (The complete works of Saint Alphonsus de Liguori) 1929, Redemptorist Fathers Press, p. 545. ASIN B00085J4WM
- Catholic New York Online, March 11, 1999 
- Joseph Ciarrocchi, 1995 The Doubting Disease: Help for Scrupulosity and Religious Compulsions Paulist Press. ISBN 0-8091-3553-1 page 109