MV Seabourn Odyssey
MS Seabourn Odyssey
|Name:||MS Seabourn Odyssey|
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Seabourn Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Nassau Bahamas|
|Engineered by:||Studio Engineering Srl|
|In service:||June 2009|
|Class and type:||Seabourn Odyssey class|
|Tonnage:||32,346 gross tons|
|Length:||650 ft (200 m)|
|Beam:||84 ft (26 m)|
|Draft:||21 ft (6.4 m)|
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h)|
The Seabourn Odyssey is a cruise ship for Seabourn Cruise Line. The ship's keel was laid in early July 2007, and when it was commissioned in 2009, it was the first new ship for Seabourn in over a decade. The ship includes 11 decks with two swimming pools, six outdoor whirlpools, water sports from the marina and a private diamond showroom. About 90% of the ship's suites have private verandas. Some of the Seabourn Odyssey's features include one of the largest spas featured in a cruise ship, a built-in marina, and expanded guest services compared to the older Seabourn fleet. The Retreat features a nine-hole mini golf course, a giant chess board and shuffleboard. The ship was completed in May 2009, a few weeks earlier than planned. A sister ship, Seabourn Sojourn, was launched in 2010.
The ship took to sea for first trials on May 22, 2009. The naming ceremony took place in Venice, Italy on June 24, 2009, and she sailed out for her first trip with guests, the maiden voyage, the next day.
- Results for Vessel: Seabourn Odyssey, United States Coast Guard Maritime Information Exchange
- Seabourn Odyssey Review - First Glimpse, Cruise Critic, retrieved March 14, 2008
- Brittany Wallace (2009-06-24). "Seabourn Odyssey Cruises from Venice". Travel Agent Central. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- Watch the Seabourn Odyssey Naming Ceremony, Seabourn blog.
- Seabourn Odyssey Launches Today, Seabourn blog.
- Saunders, Aaron (2013). Giants of the Seas: The Ships that Transformed Modern Cruising. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Seaforth Publishing. ISBN 9781848321724.
- Smith, Peter C. (2014). Cruise Ships - The Small Scale Fleet: A Visual Showcase. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Pen & Sword Maritime. ISBN 9781781592816.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seabourn Odyssey.|
- Official website
- Seabourn Odyssey Blog
- Seabourn Odyssey on Twitter
- Follow Seabourn Odyssey live on marinetraffic.com
- "Absolute waterfront" – article by Greg Bearup in The Australian about a departure from Sydney Harbour aboard Seabourn Odyssey
- "Luxury and lizards on a grand scale" – article by Ben Hall in The West Australian about a cruise to Indonesia on Seabourn Odyssey
- "Seabourn Odyssey" – review by Douglas Ward in The Daily Telegraph, London