Sebastian Matthews (born August 25, 1965) is an American poet, and writer.
His poems have appeared in Atlantic Monthly, Greensboro Review, New England Review, Post Road, Seneca Review, and Tin House.
- Bernard De Voto Fellow in Nonfiction
- Vermont Studio Center residency.
- "Messages in a Bottle: Notes from an Unlikely Curator," an essay about curating an exhibition of collage artist Ray Johnson's work at Black Mountain College + Arts Museum, in Blackbird Fall 2010, v9n2
- "Barbershop Quartet, East Village Grille", American Life in Poetry
- "Song for My Father", Virginia Quarterly Review, Winter 2004
- "Buying Wine", Virginia Quarterly Review, Winter 2004
- "GHOST BOXES", La Petite Zine
- We Generous. Red Hen Press. 2007. ISBN 978-1-59709-087-2.
- Coming to Flood. Hollyridge Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-9772298-0-2. (the Hollyridge Press Chapbook Series)
- Sebastian Matthews, Stanley Plumly, eds. (2004). Search Party: Collected Poems of William Matthews. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. ISBN 978-0-618-35007-0.
- Sebastian Matthews, contributor index on Blackbird Fall 2010, v9n2
- Sebastian Matthews's "Messages in a Bottle: Notes from an Unlikely Curator," essay about curating an exhibition of collage artist Ray Johnson's work at Black Mountain College + Arts Museum in Blackbird Fall 2010, v9n2
- "Sebastian Matthews reads “I Am” by John Clare", Poets on Poets
- "Sebastian Matthews", Fishouse
- "Poet explains his own creative process", Herald-Journal, Jeremy Jones, August 17, 2008
- "We Generous: Sebastian Matthews Chronicles His Own Flight", Natures,April 06, 2007