|Full name||Sebastián Velásquez|
|Date of birth||February 11, 1991|
|Place of birth||Medellín, Colombia|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|2012–2014||Real Salt Lake||38||(1)|
|2015||New York City FC||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:58, 21 October 2017 (UTC).
Velásquez was born in the Colombian city of Medellín and moved to the United States at a young age, with his family settling in South Carolina. As a freshman in high school, he was instrumental in winning a state championship with Greenville High School (Greenville, SC), where they also finished the year ranked No. 1 in the nation by NSCAA. At the club level, he played alongside future Real Salt Lake teammate Enzo Martinez and they won a national championship in 2009. He then played at the junior college level for the Spartanburg Methodist Pioneers in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Velásquez was selected 36th overall in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft by Real Salt Lake. On March 10, 2012, Velásquez made his professional debut in a start for Real Salt Lake against LA Galaxy. In the 73rd minute, he provided a cross that was turned into the net by Galaxy defender Sean Franklin and Real went on to win the game 3–1. On November 8, 2013, Velásquez scored his first MLS goal with a header during the second leg of the 2013 Western Conference semifinals against LA Galaxy.
He's also the first player to make an appearance on the NYCFC Fan Podcast, on April 1, 2016. A milestone for the podcast.
- "Discoveries SC - powered by Oasys Sports". discoveriessoccerclub.org. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- James Edward (March 10, 2012). "Real Salt Lake notebook: Sebastian Velásquez goes from Junior College to MLS in one year". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- "2012 MLS SuperDraft, presented by adidas". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- "2012-03-10 La vs RSL/stats". Archived from the original on March 14, 2012. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Beacham, Greg. "Los Angeles 1 - 3 Real Salt Lake: Real Salt Lake ruins Galaxy's title celebration". Archived from the original on July 16, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Golazo! Real Salt Lake vs LA Galaxy - recap". Archived from the original on November 9, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Real Salt Lake continue their rebuild, trade Sebastian Velasquez to New York City FC for allocation money". MLS. December 19, 2014. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- The Salt Lake Tribune (December 18, 2014). "RSL trades midfielder Sebastian Velásquez to NYCFC". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- "RAYO OKC SIGNS THREE PLAYERS". www.rayookc.com. Rayo OKC. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Flint, Liam (11 October 2016). "The 'Colombian Messi', Sebastian Velasquez: "He taught me that Soccer is temporary but He is eternal"". Cross The Line. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
|This biographical article related to Colombian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|