Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up secondary in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Secondary is an adjective meaning "second" or "second hand". It may refer to:
- Secondary (chemistry), term used in organic chemistry to classify various types of compounds
- The group of (usually at least four) defensive backs in gridiron football
- An obsolete name for the Mesozoic in geosciences
- The secondary winding, or the electrical or electronic circuit connected to the secondary winding in a transformer
- Secondary emission, the phenomenon where primary incident particles of sufficient energy, when hitting a surface or passing through some material, induce the emission of secondary particles
- Secondary electrons, electrons generated as ionization products
- Secondary color, color made from mixing primary colors
- Secondary craters, often called "secondaries"
- Secondary consumers in ecology Trophic dynamics
- Secondary dominant in music
- Secondary education
- Secondary school – The type of school at the secondary level of education
- Secondary market, an aftermarket where financial assets are traded
- Secondary mirror, second mirror element/focusing surface in a reflecting telescope
- Secondaries, the second-largest group of remiges (wing feathers), which attach to the inner lower arm
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Secondary.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.