Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up secondary in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Secondary is an adjective meaning "second" or "second hand". It may refer to:
- Secondary (chemistry), term used in organic chemistry to classify various types of compounds
- The group of (usually at least four) defensive backs in gridiron football
- An obsolete name for the Mesozoic in geosciences
- The secondary winding, or the electrical or electronic circuit connected to the secondary winding in a transformer
- Secondary emission, the phenomenon where primary incident particles of sufficient energy, when hitting a surface or passing through some material, induce the emission of secondary particles
- Secondary electrons, electrons generated as ionization products
- Secondary color, color made from mixing primary colors
- Secondary craters, often called "secondaries"
- Secondary consumers in ecology Trophic dynamics
- Secondary dominant in music
- Secondary education
- Secondary school – The type of school at the secondary level of education
- Secondary market, an aftermarket where financial assets are traded
- Secondary mirror, second mirror element/focusing surface in a reflecting telescope
- Secondaries, the second-largest group of remiges (wing feathers), which attach to the inner lower arm
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Secondary.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.