|Full name||Sega Keïta|
|Date of birth||3 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Orsay, France|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2012–2013||→ Rouen (loan)||27||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 July 2013.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22 April 2011
Sega Keïta (born 3 March 1992 in Orsay) is a French football player of Senegalese descent, who currently plays for French club Troyes. He was a French youth international and has played for the under-19 team. Keïta plays as a midfielder.
Keïta was born in the commune of Orsay in the southwestern suburbs of Paris, and began his football career at age eight, playing for local club CO Les Ulis, the same club that produced France national team's all-time leading goalscorer Thierry Henry.
Keïta joined the club and trained alongside fellow youth starlet Yaya Sanogo, before securing a move to second division outfit Troyes AC. Upon his arrival at the club during the 2007–08 season, he struggled due to ongoing groin injuries during his first year, which saw him only appear in eight games, scoring one goal in the Championnat National des 16 ans.
The following season, due to full health, his statistics improved. He appeared in 28 games, scoring 15 goals, and also made seven assists.
On 29 May 2009, with Troyes' relegation to third-tier Championnat National already confirmed, Keïta made his professional debut in a Ligue 2 match against Bastia, appearing as a substitute in the 59th minute for Claudio Beauvue. Troyes lost the match 2–1.
He drew considerable interest from several clubs before signing his professional contract with Troyes. Notable clubs that sought his services included Premier League club Arsenal, Italian clubs Milan and Internazionale, and Ligue 1 club Marseille.
French football legend Zinedine Zidane personally recommended the player to Spanish giants Real Madrid. However, despite the interest, on 14 October 2009, Keïta agreed to a three-year professional contract with Troyes. Four days later, he earned his first start in a Coupe de France match against amateur club SA Sézanne. In the match, Keïta scored two goals. Five days later, he earned his first league start, playing 70 minutes in a 1–0 victory over Amiens. After Troyes were promoted to Ligue 1 from Ligue 2 in the 2011-12 season, in July he was loaned to the Championnat National side FC Rouen for the 2012-13 season.
(Correct as of 30 June 2013)
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||Europe[nb 2]||Total|
- "Sega Keita, un joyau dans un écrin". Liberation Champagne. 6 October 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Bastia v. Troyes Match Report". Ligue de Football Professionnel. 29 May 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Troyes v. Plabennec Match Report". Foot National. 15 August 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Troyes striker Sega Keita wanted by AC Milan, Inter". Tribal Football. 20 September 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Troyes striker Sega Keita interesting Arsenal". Tribal Football. 24 October 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Zidane Recommends Troyes Teenager Sega Keita To Real Madrid". Total Football Madness. 27 October 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Troyes v. Amiens Match Report". Foot National. 23 October 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.