From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Segrave is a surname and can refer to:
An English baronial family:
- Stephen de Segrave (c. 1171 – 9 November 1241), Chief Justiciar of England
- Nicholas de Segrave, 1st Baron Segrave (d. November 1295)
A prominent Anglo-Norman Irish family, descended from younger sons of the English baronial family:
- Richard Segrave (c.1540-1598) was an Irish judge, remembered chiefly for sitting in judgement on his colleague Nicholas Nugent, the only Irish judge to be hanged by the Irish Government for treason.
- Patrick Segrave son of Richard, (died after 1610) was an Irish judge who was removed from office for corruption.
A pioneer in motorsport:
- Henry Segrave (1896 – 1930), water and land speed record holder
- Segrave Trophy, an award for innovations in transport named after Henry Segrave
- Blackburn Segrave, a 1930s touring aircraft by Blackburn Aircraft
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Segrave.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.