From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Segregated)
|Look up segregate, segregated, or segregation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Segregation or segregate may refer to:
Separation of people
- Geographical segregation, rates of two or more populations which are not homogenous throughout a defined space
- Housing segregation
- Racial segregation, separation of humans into racial groups in daily life
- Racial segregation in the United States, a specific period in U.S. history
- Religious segregation, the separation of people according to their religion
- Residential segregation, the physical separation of two or more groups into different neighbourhoods
- Sex segregation, the physical, legal, and cultural separation of people according to their biological sex
- Occupational segregation, the distribution of people based upon demographic characteristics, most often gender, both across and within occupations and jobs
- Age segregation, separation of people based on their age and may be observed in many aspects of some societies
Separation of objects
- Segregation in materials, enrichment of a material constituent at a free surface or an internal interface of a material
- Particle segregation, tendency of particulate solids to segregate by size, density, shape, and other properties
- Magnetic-activated cell sorting, a method for separation of various cell populations depending on their surface antigens
- Segregation in taxonomy, the separation of a taxon by splitting it off from another taxon, forming a segregate, or segregate taxon.
- Segregate (taxonomy), created when a taxon is split off from another taxon
- Mendel's law of segregation, observation in Mendelian inheritance that each parent passes only one allele to its offspring
- Security segregation, regulatory rules requiring that customer assets be held separate from assets of a brokerage firm, on the broker's books
- Segregated cycle facilities, marked lanes, tracks, shoulders and paths designated for use by bicyclists
- Trail segregation, the practice of designating certain trails as having a specific preferred or exclusive use
- All pages with titles containing Segregation
- All pages beginning with "Segregation"
- Segment (disambiguation)
- Separate (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Segregation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.