|Jatiya Sangsad member from Comilla-2|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Mohammed Amir Hossain|
|Born||7 July 1960|
|Spouse(s)||Abdul Matlub Ahmad|
|Parents||A K M Fazlul Huq (father) and Rahima Huq (mother)|
|Education||Masters in Business Management|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Awards||Oslo Business for Peace Award (2014), Best Business Woman (2000, 2002, 2003)|
Selima Ahmed is a Bangladeshi businessperson. She is the Vice Chairperson of Nitol-Niloy Group and the founder and President of Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry. She serves as board member of state-owned Janata Bank Limited and is a former board member of Sonali Bank Limited. In 2014 she got Oslo Business for Peace Award for best contribution in Business. She is a Global Ambassador of The International Alliance for Women and former Course Teacher of MBA class in University of Dhaka.
Early life and education
Selima Ahmad was born to late A. K. M. Fazlul Huq and late Rahima Huq.
Ahmad is Vice Chairperson of the Nitol-Niloy Group. This Group is one of the reputed business houses and has 26 companies. Of them, six are joint ventures and three are public companies. It has presence in automobiles, cement, paper, real estate, electronics and financial services.
Ahmad is married to Abdul Matlub Ahmad, a Business Leader and former President of Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FBCCI). They have two sons, Abdul Musabbir Ahmed (Nitol) and Abdul Marib Ahmed (Niloy).
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Special Recognition Award by the 28th CACCI Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2014.
- Oslo Business for Peace Award, 2014
- Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Award by International Republican Institute, United States, 2013
- Priyadarshini Award by Federation of Indian Women Entrepreneurs, 2012
- Women's Contribution to Development by Islamic Development Bank, 2012
- TIAW World of Difference 100 Award by The International Alliance for Women, Canada, 2010
- Special Prize for Women entrepreneurs by Dhaka International Trade Fair, 2010
- Women Entrepreneur Appreciation Award by Karachi Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Business Express Award Women Entrepreneurs by Business Express, 2009
- Female Business Personality of the Year-2008 by Bangladesh Cultural Reporters Association, 2008
- Cultural Reporter's Award: 2007
- Best Business Woman by Financial Weekly Magazine, 2000, 2002, 2003
- Administrator. "Profile of Selima Ahmad, President, BWCCI". www.bwcci-bd.org.
- "Face to face with Selima Ahmad, Founder & President, Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry". 9 September 2012.
- "Selima Ahmad - Business for Peace Foundation".
- Wahed, Maruf &. "Janata Bank Board of Directors". www.jb.com.bd. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Directors Profile". www.nitolniloy.com.bd.
- "Constituency 250_11th_En". www.parliament.gov.bd. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Selima Ahmed - সেলিমা আহমাদ". Amarmp. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- Nation, The New. "Selima Ahmad, President of Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry receiving 'Special Recognition Award' from the former and present presidents of Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry on the occasion of the 28th CACCI Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia recently". The New Nation. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "WDN Member Selima Ahmad Appointed to Board of Largest State-Owned Bank in Bangladesh". Women's Democracy Network.