|Hanja||成哲, 性喆 and others|
Sung-chul, also spelled Song-chol, is a Korean masculine given name. The meaning differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name. There are 27 hanja with the reading "sung" and 11 hanja with the reading "chul" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be registered for use in given names.
People with this name include:
- Pak Song-chol (1913–2008), North Korean politician
- Yang Sung-chul (born 1939), South Korean political scientist, politician, and diplomat
- Nam Song-chol (born 1982), North Korean international footballer
- Pak Song-chol (athlete) (born 1984), North Korean long-distance runner
- Ri Song-chol (born 1986), North Korean figure skater
- Pak Song-chol (footballer born 1987), North Korean international footballer
- Son Seong-cheol (born 1987), South Korean springboard diver
- Pak Song-chol (footballer born 1991), North Korean footballer
- Seongcheol, dharma name of Yi Yeongju (1912–1993), South Korean Seon Buddhist master
- Shin Sung-chul (born 1952), South Korean physicist
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|