|Full name||Serhiy Anatoliyevich Serhieiev|
11 March 1970|
Zaporizhia, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Club||Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü (TUR)|
|Coach||Oleksandr Yaremenko (UKR)|
Serhiy Anatoliyevich Serhieiev (also Serkan Atasay, Ukrainian: Сергій Анатолійович Сергеєв; born March 11, 1970) is a Ukrainian-born Turkish swimmer, who specialized in butterfly and individual medley events. He is a three-time Olympian (1996, 2004, and 2008), a multiple-time Ukrainian champion, and a five-time Turkish record holder. He is also a member of Fenerbahçe Swimming.
Eight years later, Atasay qualified again for the 200m individual medley by clearing a FINA B-cut of 2:03.01 at the Ukrainian Open Championships in Kiev. Swimming in heat four, he edged out Barbados' Bradley Ally to take a third spot and 22nd overall by 0.03 of a second in 2:03.26.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Atasay, under a different name, represented Turkey as Serkan Atasay. He qualified for the third straight time in the 200m individual medley by achieving a FINA B-standard entry time of 2:04.56 from the Acropolis Grand Prix in Athens, Greece. He competed against six other swimmers in the second heat, including two-time Olympian Miguel Molina of the Philippines. Atasay came sixth. Atasay failed to advance into the semi-finals, as he placed 42nd overall in the preliminary heats.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Serkan Atasay". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Atlanta 1996: Aquatics (Swimming) – Men's 200m Individual Medley Heat 3" (PDF). Atlanta 1996. LA84 Foundation. p. 48. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 May 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Swimming – Men's 200m Individual Medley Startlist (Heat 4)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Men's 200m Individual Medley Heat 4". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 14 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (18 August 2004). "Men's 200 Individual Medley, Day 5 Prelims: Laszlo Cseh Clocks Swift 1:59.50, Leads Michael Phelps into Semis". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- ""Yeni Türkler" Pekin"de madalya arayacak" ["New Turks" at Beijing in the search for medals] (in Turkish). Radikal. 31 July 2008. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Men's 200m Individual Medley" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 40. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Men's 200m Individual Medley Heat 2". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
|This biographical article related to a Turkish swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|