Seth Unger is a co-founder of NYC TV, the network he and Arick Wierson launched in 2003 while working for Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Among Unger's most notable accomplishments at the network is the creation of "Blueprint | NYC", a documentary series that highlights local architectural and historical interests in New York City. In 2004, the series won five local New York Emmy Awards. Previous to joining NYC TV, Unger was an executive at Messenger Records, later leaving to work as a campaign aide to Michael Bloomberg in 2001. Unger retired from NYC TV in 2006 to spend more time with his daughters.
He is a 1997 graduate of Columbia University. He is married to wife Allison Jaffin, a top aide to Mayor Bloomberg who followed him into politics from Bloomberg's eponymous financial and media empire, Bloomberg, LP. Together they have twin daughters
- https://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/14/nyregion/14CROS.html?ei=5007&en=592e22a41f344a93&ex=1373515200&partner=USERLAND&pagewanted=all&position= New York Times, “New From City Hall, TV Worth Watching” Jul 14, 2003
- NYC TV 74 and new york city government and Time Warner New York and one centre street and arick wierson and seth unger and walter garaicoa and trevor boyer and adobe after eff...
- Class Notes
- http://www.columbia.edu/cu/record/23/03/23.html Columbia University Record, VOL. 23, NO. 3, September 19, 1997
- https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/24/fashion/weddings/24jaff.html NY Times July 24, 2005. Columbia Univ. Class Notes, 1997
- http://www.tbsmb.org/_kd/Items/actions.cfm?action=Show&item_id=1926&destination=ShowItem Hakol Vol. LXIV, Issue #6, Feb 10, 2007; Mazel Tov To Allison Jaffin and Seth Unger on the birth of their twin daughters, Jane Carolina Unger and Georgia Rose Unger, on January 29, 2007.