From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up settler in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A settler is a person who has migrated from the land of his or her birth, or who takes up residence on land and cultivates it, as opposed to a nomad.
Settler or settlers may also refer to:
- The Settlers (novel), a Swedish novel by Vilhelm Moberg
- The Settlers, Canadian novel, published in 1844 Frederick Marryat
- The Settlers, an American novel set in pre-state Israel, by Meyer Levin 1972
- Settler (Asimov), the word used in the context of Isaac Asimov's Robots-Empire-Foundation series
Film and TV
- The Settlers, documentary by Shimon Dotan Sundance 2016
- The Settlers of Catan, a German board game sometimes shortened to "Settlers"
- The Settlers (video game series), a computer game series
- The Settlers (video game), the first game in the series
- The Settlers (band), a British folk band of the 1960s and early 70s
- Sporting Life SETTLER, an electronic betting calculator designed by Sinclair
- Settler Swahili, a Swahili pidgin
- Charles Carroll the Settler (1661–1720), lawyer and planter in colonial Maryland
- Settling, the process where particulates settle to the bottom of a liquid
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Settler.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.