|• Total||1,272 km2 (491 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Postal code span|
Shakargarh (Urdu: شکَرگڑھ), the capital of Shakargarh Tehsil, is a city in the north-east of Narowal District, Punjab, Pakistan. It borders Jammu to the north and Sialkot to the west Its literacy rate is more than 85% which is the highest litracy rate tehsil wise . The city is located at 32°16'0N 75°10'0E and is situated at the west bank of the Ravi River. The tehsil is administratively subdivided into 35 Union Councils, three of which form the tehsil capital Shakargarh.
The total area of Shakargarh is approximately 1,272 square kilometres. According to the 1998 census, Narowal District's population was 1,256,097 of which only 12.11% were urban. The Tehsil's population is 80 percent Gujjar.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Narowal - Government of Pakistan Archived 1 April 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- .Location of Shakargarr - Falling Rain Genomics
- Urban Resource Center (1998 Census details) Archived 13 May 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- Barapind News official web site: barapindnews.blogspot.com
- "Shakargarh" (bbs). Google Maps. 17 November 2015.