Shamrock Warriors RFC
Shamrock Warriors RFC is a Rugby sevens club founded in 2009 by former Leinster out-half Fergal Campion. They are the only 7's club in Ireland endorsed by the Irish Rugby Football Union and will represent Ireland as the only official Irish 7's team competing at the top level tournaments in Europe.
The clubs aim is to develop a pool of experienced 7's players for the IRFU to be in position to select to develop into a future international 7's squad to compete in tournaments by giving them experience playing in the top level competition should the IRFU become involved in professional international sevens or in the Olympic Sevens. The intention is to develop the game in Ireland and use the IRFU approved Warriors as the foundation for a national side. Ireland does not participate in the official HSBC Sevens World Series. The IRFU plans to make a decision in early 2013 about their future engagement in both the Olympic and IRB professional sevens circuit. The Shamrock Warriors is the beginning of the process of getting sevens into the IRFU and into the national circuit. The team is self-funding, depending on sponsorship 
The player pool consists of players who are playing club rugby in Ireland, those coming from provincial contracts and development players that may not win full professional contracts.
There is also a women's team that consists of club players around the country led by former Irish captain Sarah Jane Belton and is managed by Kazakhstan international Luke O’Callaghan. The team also hopes to recruite female Gaelic football players.
Former Leinster and Scotland coach Matt Williams has been secured as a technical advisor for the venture while a committee including former internationals Denis Hickie and Malcolm O’Kelly has also come on board to assist the project.
The club aims to recruit players on playing at club level or those who may be coming off a professional contract, those falling off academy contracts as well as potential players coming up from school level. The team is managed by Derek Thornton.
- Fergal Campion
- Derek Thornton
- Matt Williams
- David McHugh
- Denis Hickie
- Victor Costello
- Malcolm O'Kelly
The club is planning to compete in a number of outings for 2011 including:
- "Shamrock Warriors". Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "Williams’ Warriors must wait for Rio call". Breakingnews.ie. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- Tony Ward (2011-03-29). "We need Sevens involvement far more than they will ever need us". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- Hugh Farrelly (2011-03-29). "Warriors look to Rio". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- Gavin Cummiskey (2011-03-29). "Shamrocks target Olympic Sevens". Irish Times. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "Williams accepts Ulster position". bbc.co.uk. 2007-12-30. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Shamrock Warriors Committee". Retrieved 2011-05-18.