December 16, 1969 |
Simi Valley, California
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
Shane (born December 16, 1969) is the stage name of an American former pornographic actress, director, and web personality, known for creating the Shane's World series of adult videos after having debuted in the Seymore Butts video series. She is also the founder of an adult film production company of the same name. Shane is a member of the AVN Hall of Fame.
Shane started her adult film career in 1993. According to her Adult Video News magazine profile she and a girlfriend were impressed by a video made by Seymore Butts and decided to make a video of her own which she sent to him. He invited her to Los Angeles and soon after she began making videos with him and for other production companies. In addition to performing and appearing in Seymore Butts videos and those for her own production company, she worked predominantly in non-sex roles for a variety of adult film studios such as Evil Angel, Flying Leap Productions, Odyssey Entertainment, VCA Pictures, and Wicked Pictures.
Shane broke up with her fiancé Seymore Butts in 1995 and started her own production company, Shane's World. In 1999, after the release of Shane’s World, Vol. 18: The Roller Coaster of Love, she retired from the adult industry to start a family with her husband. After her retirement, Shane was involved in a trademark dispute with two former employees: her personal assistant and cameraman, who go by the industry pseudonyms of Jennie and Brian Grant. This resulted in a licensing deal for the Shane's World name and the production company continued under the ownership of the Grants.
Shane's World movies revolve around taking porn stars out of their element on trips to exotic or interesting locations and filming everything that happens in a documentary style. The premise of the studio's movies can be summed up as "MTV's The Real World meets gonzo style pornography". Shane's World gave many stars their start, which helped to increase their fan base.
- 1995 XRCO Unsung Siren
- 1996 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 1997 XRCO Best Gonzo Series for Shanes World
- 1997 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 2005 AVN Hall of Fame
- Shane at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Staff. "Shane (I)". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Hegen, Ken (August 27, 2003). "The New Sex Ed". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Adult Video News - The 2005 AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". Web.archive.org. 2005-03-18. Archived from the original on 2005-03-18. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Gene Ross (2007-06-23). "Shane's Back and so is Odyssey Group Video". AdultFYI. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-23.
- Rolling Stone: The New Sex Ed Archived 2011-07-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "FOXE Awards". Canada's Best Adult Entertainment Super Site. Retrieved 2008-01-02.