Shannon McDonnell (footballer)
|Full name||Shannon Marie McDonnell|
|Date of birth||28 September 1984|
|Place of birth||Orland Park, Illinois, United States|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Chicago Red Stars|
|Windy City Pride|
|2004–2007||Illinois Fighting Illini|
|2004||Windy City Bluez|
|2011–||Chicago Red Stars|
|2009–||Republic of Ireland||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Shannon Marie McDonnell (born 28 September 1984) is a soccer midfielder. She is a Republic of Ireland women's national football team player. On the club level she represents WPSL outfit Chicago Red Stars, having previously played in the W-League with Windy City Bluez and Chicago Gaels.
In July 2009 McDonnell and sister Mary Therese played for the Irish national team against Mary Therese's club side Chicago Red Stars in an exhibition game at the Sports Complex at Benedictine University.
McDonnell first represented the Republic of Ireland during a summer 2009 training camp in Indiana. Shannon and younger sister Mary Therese McDonnell then featured in Ireland's failed qualifying campaign for the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup. Their eligibility for the Irish team derived from their grandfather, who was from Foxford.
- "23. Shannon McDonnell". FightingIllini.com. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "London Gryphons at Windy City Bluez 2:5". United Soccer Leagues. 2004-06-12. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "Chicago Gaels at Minnesota Lightning 5:2". United Soccer Leagues. 2006-06-21. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- Mary Therese McDonnell (2009-07-09). "Mary Therese Blog: Inside the Irish National Team". WomensProSoccer.com. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Chicago Red Stars (2011-06-01). "Four More Join Chicago Red Stars For 2011 WPS Season". Box Score News. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Irish sisters look forward to French challenge". Football Association of Ireland. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Senior Women Player Profiles". Football Association of Ireland. 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2010-09-22.