|Developer(s)||Jaex and Michael Delpach|
|Initial release||24 August 2007|
|Stable release||9.10.1 / May 17, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows XP or later|
|Platform||.NET Framework 4.0|
ShareX can be used to capture full screen or partial screenshots, such as rectangle capture and window capture, as well as being able to record video using FFmpeg. Captured screenshots can be annotated and edited using the built-in image editor or modified using image effects and watermarks.
After capture, a screenshot can be autonomously exported as an image file, email attachment, exported to a printer, to the clipboard, or uploaded to a remote host such as many popular image hosting services or via FTP. If the image is uploaded to a remote host, the URL generated by it can be copied to the clipboard.
Work on a project called ZScreen began in 2007, hosted on SourceForge and moved to Google Code in 2008. In 2010, a parallel project called ZUploader was started to rewrite ZScreen's core from scratch. In 2012, all of ZScreen's features had been ported to ZUploader which was subsequently repackaged and released as ShareX. In 2013, the project was moved to GitHub due to Google Code dropping support for hosting downloads.
ShareX has had positive reviews. MakeUseOf describes ShareX as a "Swiss army knife," praising its amount of customization and features, but criticizing that the average user may be looking for something simpler. Reviews on Softpedia and Ghacks share similar sentiments, Ghacks saying that ShareX "leaves little to be desired in terms of functionality."
- "ZScreen 1.0 has been released". ShareX. 24 August 2007. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "ShareX releases".
- "ZScreen on Google Code".
- "ZScreen releases".
- "Active development has been ceased for ZScreen and ZUploader in favour of ShareX".
- "We have a new web site getsharex.com and we have also moved to GitHub".
- Lee, Joel (16 September 2013). "ShareX: Screenshot Capture, Upload, And Share All Wrapped Into One". makeuseof.com. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- Opris, Elena (18 Mar 2015). "ShareX". softpedia.com. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Brinkman, Martin (24 July 2012). "Sharex: take screenshots and upload local data to remote locations". ghacks.net. Retrieved 19 May 2015.