The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (May 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Jaex and Michael Delpach|
|Initial release||24 August 2007|
|Stable release||13.4.0 (16 December 2020)|
|Operating system||Windows 7 SP1 or later|
|Platform||.NET Framework 4.6.2|
|Available in||13 languages|
|Type||Screenshot software, screencast software, raster graphics editor, file verifier|
ShareX is a free and open-source screenshot and screencast utility for Microsoft Windows. It is published under the GNU General Public License. The project's source code is hosted at the GitHub code-sharing and code development platform. It is also available on the Microsoft Store and Steam.
ShareX can be used to capture full screen or partial screenshots (PNG format), such as rectangle capture and window capture, as well as being able to record video using FFmpeg. Captured screenshots can be annotated and edited using the built-in ShareX image editor or modified using image effects and watermarks. While making a screenshot you can also blur/ pixelate things as well as draw and highlight things on the screen before making the screenshot.
After capture, a screenshot can be autonomously exported as an image file, email attachment, exported to a printer, to the clipboard, or uploaded to a remote host such as many popular image hosting services or via FTP. If the image is uploaded to a remote host, the URL generated by it can be copied to the clipboard.
Work on a project called ZScreen began in 2007, hosted on SourceForge and moved to Google Code in 2008. In 2010, a parallel project called ZUploader was started to rewrite ZScreen's core from scratch. In 2012, all of ZScreen's features had been ported to ZUploader which was subsequently repackaged and released as ShareX. In 2013, the project was moved to GitHub due to Google Code dropping support for hosting downloads.
- "ZScreen 1.0 has been released". ShareX. 24 August 2007. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Downloads". ShareX. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- "ShareX/ShareX". GitHub. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Buy ShareX - Microsoft Store United Kingdom". Microsoft Store. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "ShareX on Steam". Steam. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "ZScreen on Google Code". Archived from the original on 13 February 2009.
- "ZScreen releases". Archived from the original on 17 May 2014.
- "Active development has been ceased for ZScreen and ZUploader in favour of ShareX". Archived from the original on 10 December 2013.
- "We have a new web site getsharex.com and we have also moved to GitHub". Archived from the original on 22 December 2014.