|Alma mater||University of Glasgow|
Sharon Anne Moore MBE is the Chief Technology Officer for Public Sector at IBM in the United Kingdom and Ireland. She was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2018 Birthday Honours.
Early life and education
Moore looks to increase the number of senior women in technology careers by retaining young talent and supporting people who return from maternity leave. She has worked in several roles within IBM. She was appointed deputy chair of British Computer Society's Women's group in 2017 having been their committee member for Scotland since 2012. She was made a member of the IBM 100% club in 2012 and 2014. In 2014 she gave a TEDx talk at University of Strathclyde about how social media will change the future. She is working with Skills Development Scotland to tackle Scotland's gender gap in technology.
In 2016, 2017 and 2018 Moore was listed in Computer Weekly's Top 50 most influential women in UK IT. She sits on the Scotland Women in Technology board. She was awarded the 2017 Scotland Women in Technology Inspirational Woman in Leadership award. She featured on Espree Devora's Women in Technology podcast. She was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2018 Birthday Honours, "For services to Women in Technology Based Industries". Since 2016 she has been a board member of The Innovation Centre for Sensor and Imaging Systems.
- Moore, Sharon. "Sharon Moore on about.me". about.me. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Sharon Moore Joins FDM to Discuss Returners to Work". www.fdmgroup.com. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Tech Summit Session Chair Profile: Sharon Moore | CENSIS". censis.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "CENSIS Board member wins Inspirational Woman in Leadership | CENSIS". censis.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Six Scots women who are making their mark on London's tech scene". iNews. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise (2016-03-22), Sharon Moore, IBM at Discover Digital 2016, retrieved 2018-07-06
- TEDx Talks (2014-05-28), Social is changing the future: Sharon Moore at TEDxUniversityofStrathclyde, retrieved 2018-07-06
- Skills Development Scotland (2016-11-30), Tackling the Technology Gender Gap Together Interview - Sharon Moore, IBM, retrieved 2018-07-06
- "42. Sharon Moore, industry technical leader for travel and transportation, IBM UK - The 50 Most Influential Women in UK Tech 2017". www.computerweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "48. Sharon Moore, industry technical leader for travel and transportation, IBM UK - The 50 most influential women in UK IT 2016". www.computerweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Computer Weekly announces the Most Influential Women in UK IT 2018". ComputerWeekly.com. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Technology awards Biggest celebration of women in technology". FutureScot. 2017-10-27. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Sharon Moore of IBM, Using Technology to Innovate in Travel and Transportation: Women in Tech – Irish Tech News". irishtechnews.ie. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "In full: Scottish recipients of Queen's Birthday Honours revealed". Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "CENSIS Board member wins Inspirational Woman in Leadership | CENSIS". censis.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Two technology experts join Censis". Daily Business. Retrieved 2018-07-05.