From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shawinigan is a city located on the Saint-Maurice River in the Mauricie area in Quebec, Canada.
Shawinigan may also refer to:
- Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, a village on Vancouver Island
- Shawinigan River, a tributary of the Saint-Maurice River, Quebec, Canada
- Shawinigan (Province of Canada), a former electoral division of the Province of Canada from 1854 to 1867 for the Mauricie area in Quebec
- Division of Shawinigan (Legislative Council), a former electoral division of the Legislative Council of Quebec from 1867 to 1968
- Collège Shawinigan, a junior college in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada
- HMCS Shawinigan (K136), a Flower class corvette that served in the Royal Canadian Navy and was lost during the Battle of the Atlantic in World War II
- HMCS Shawinigan (MM 704), a Kingston class patrol vessel in the Canadian Forces, commissioned in 1997
- Shawinigan Handshake, an epithet given to a chokehold executed in 1996 by Jean Chrétien, then Prime Minister of Canada, on an anti-poverty protester
- Shawinigan Water & Power Company, a former hydroelectric companies in Canada, now part of Hydro-Québec
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shawinigan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.