From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sheath in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sheath pronounced as //, may refer to:
- Scabbard, a sheath for holding a sword, knife, or other large blade, as well as guns, such as rifles.
- The outer covering of a cable
- Condom, a kind of contraception
- Debye sheath, a layer of a plasma in physics
- Heliosheath, the region of the heliosphere beyond the termination shock
- Koteka, a penis sheath worn by some natives of New Guinea
- Sheath (album), a 2003 techno album by LFO
- Sheath dress, a type of dress
- Kosha, an element in human being makeup according to Hinduist philosophy
- Leaf sheath, the leaf base when it forms a vertical coating surrounding the stem
- Carotid sheath, connective tissue around the neck's vascular compartment
- Myelin sheath, an insulating layer over the axon of a neuron
- Preputial sheath, protective skin around the penis or clitoris
- Rectus sheath, the laminas around abdominal muscles
- Root sheath, the inner or epidermic coat around the root of a hair follicle
- Tendon sheath, a synovial membrane surrounding a tendon in, for example, the fingers
- Vagina, the internal structure of the female genitalia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sheath.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.